Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited CVT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I bought my first ever Subaru a couple of months ago and decided to join the forums. It's a 2016 3.6R Limited in Wilderness Green with just over 82k miles, of which 4k have been me in the first two months. I've already brought it on several storm chases and I already saw my first ever tornado in it. I bought this car as an upgrade from my 2020 Civic that I used to have. I can't wait to start building this thing into an even better chasing rig!
Tire Sky Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate
Tire Cloud Sky Wheel Car
Cloud Land vehicle Tire Sky Wheel

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
1,943 Posts
Nice looking Outback!! The 3.6 is a great engine and I believe you still have the 5EAT transmission in that year's model, so you should get great service out of the car!

And welcome to the Forum!!

Reactions: stormchasin_nix

·
Registered
2016 Subaru Outback 3.6R Limited CVT
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Welcome - and you have to explain the member name!
It comes from my Twitter name, which comes from "Storm Chasing Phoenix", with nix being short for Phoenix and the "g" is lopped off because of the Twitter name size limit :)

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R & 2005 Impreza sport 2020 Honda Passport
130 Posts
Nice looking Outback!! The 3.6 is a great engine and I believe you still have the 5EAT transmission in that year's model, so you should get great service out of the car!

And welcome to the Forum!!
I had a 2016 3.6 and it’s a cvt. We traded it in with 32k for a 2018 3.6 because of the newer tech.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts