Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback Base model 2.5 Manual
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, not sure if it's kosher to post pics of myself but here I am looking pretty stupid because I'm stupid happy to have my first subaru.
it's a 2008 OBW base model

I've wanted a 3rd gen wagon for a long long time and I finally just went for it.

I'm coming from a 2000 Ford Ranger without any electronics at ALL. not even AC. So this is a huge step up for me!

84,850 miles when I got it. single owner, no accidents no hail damage.Was pretty surprised at the condition. Old man who owned this took insane care of it.
Things on my list in no particular order:

-Fogs
-Cargo cover
-4th gen rear sway bar
-factory sub

that's really about it! Thanks for looking!

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
8,551 Posts
Welcome!

And don't forget that your timing belt service is due if it's not yet been done yet; it's 104k miles or 104 months, whichever comes first.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
8,551 Posts
Anything else I should get done along with that?
Have a look at the head gaskets before the timing belt service is done; if you're not familiar with this issue on your engine, there's plenty of threads on it - just use the search tool. Doing head gaskets and timing belt at the same time can save some labor cost, depending upon who does the work.

And check all of the fluid levels, brake linings, and CV boots, of course.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts