Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok,

In light of the 30 threads started about the steering column recall. When we all joined up. There are forum rules and there are forum guidelines. I spent the 1st bits of my life on OBF...searching. Not posting and certainly not starting threads with every question or observation. At least without searching 1st. Now with that said, have I started all kinds of threads, some worthless yes...But not without searching 1st to see if there was a silly man couch thread, of foodie thread already.

I think many of our valued new members need to cut the Mods a break and practice a little prudence. I have been on all 4 (5?) recall threads and I am all confused about where I posted what. Come on, lets police ourselves.

Or I'll have to open a can of B*stard on Your *sses.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/23-village/49902-my-beer-tastier-than-yours-28.html#post3953889

Let's try searching before we start threads...OK kiddos? maybe we can get in the habit of linking this thread...when new, multiple redundant threads pop up.

Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
I just posted in another one of the recall threads that I too am dismayed that people don't check the forums first before coming to us with "Breaking News."

I'm a little torqued at those folks just like Rob Kardashian disappointing his family.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
It's common forum etiquette to take a poke around in the sections pertaining to the topic you want to post to see if your "news" has already been posted. I guess some people are blinded by the desire to be "FIRST".

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

Brucey
'17 3.6
I need to quit the neighborhood watch before I go vigilante, eh...KK.

Merge...that's friendlier.
If there are people already having a discussion, it's usually worth merging.

If it's anooooother "OMG RECALL?" thread with one person saying "this ls the 4th one" it's usually worth closing and directing to existing discussions.

Merging keeps the conversations going. Their informational and technical intellects will be combined and become one whole, greater than the sum of it's parts.

Resistance is...futile.

:wink2:

Registered
2015 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
What about a sticky post with the most common very frequently asked questions hyperlinked in the post itself? I believe there are questions asked frequently enough that the forum would benefit being able to quickly reference a single thread. Heck, just on the first pages of Gen 5+ we have questions on the auto up/down window reset, the "I blew a tire, now what?" concern, the mystery ding-dong noises, overpaid for gold warranty, Eyesight and carwashes, etc.

I posted this suggestion a few months ago but didn't get a single response, so I guess that's a no :)

Registered
'16 Outback 2.5i Premium WAM, Factory Hitch, Infinity speakers, Alpine Sub, Cargo Tray/Seat Protectors, Husky Liners, Rally Armor Mudflaps, LED Int Ltg, Subaru LOGO LED Projection Puddle Lights, OUTB
I don't even visit this section of the forums, so without a link in the one section I do frequent, would have not known about this thread.

I think I should start a new thread with a poll about what sections people visit so I can prioritize myself.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
What about a sticky post with the most common very frequently asked questions hyperlinked in the post itself? I believe there are questions asked frequently enough that the forum would benefit being able to quickly reference a single thread. Heck, just on the first pages of Gen 5+ we have questions on the auto up/down window reset, the "I blew a tire, now what?" concern, the mystery ding-dong noises, overpaid for gold warranty, Eyesight and carwashes, etc.

I posted this suggestion a few months ago but didn't get a single response, so I guess that's a no :)
Exactly...great idea.

Brucey
'17 3.6
I'm down for that as well. A general FAQ thread sticky. Possibly even replacing the pile of other stickies?

One sticky to rule them all.

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #14 ·

Master Caster
馃枻馃挃馃挋 3 Beautiful OBXTs
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Wholly Sh*t

D*mn there are like a dozen CVT-drain-Tranny, plug-fill-filler tube, etc...etc...threads flying around right now. I am so dizzy I don't think I could handle a DIY on any of the items if I were a Noob.

Rein it in folks...or new owners are going to be putting coolant in the block, oil in the over flow bottle and the want to sue over oil consumption and HG issues.

Just Saying....

:confused:

I can be such a b*tch. I think it's the (2) hot ladies under my right foot. (my cars, you all know that)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts