Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm in need of replacement tires on my 2011 Outback. I'm at 120,000 miles (give or take) and would like to keep the car for at least another year or two. I live in Massachusetts - so ice and snow are part of our annual experience. The dealer would put on Continentals, but something tells me I can do better. Any recommendations?

·
Registered
2021 MGM Outback 2.5i Premium with Tungsten Grey seats
2,299 Posts
I was happy with how Goodyear Assurance Comfortread Touring performed on my 2011. I'm in Eastern NY, they did well in snow, getting me through 10" at least one time. I also got 60,000 miles on them before needing replacement (and I did so with another set of them). I put 30,000 on that set before I traded it in.

·
Registered
2010 Outback 3.6R 2014 Legacy 2.5i
2,700 Posts
my 3.6R wears Arizonian Silver Edition III tires (Cooper Tire makes them for Discount Tire). I took them because they did not have the tires I really wanted in stock. They rear extremely well and it is not the first time I used them. I got 80K out of a set on my Acura CL-S.

I normally use Bridgestone Serenity + tires

·
Registered
2012 Outback Ltd 3.6r
532 Posts
Bang for the buck is the Altimax RT43, which is also Consumer Reports top-rated Touring All-Season. I have them on my '12 3.6R, and they've done well in the snow storms we've had.

·
Registered
2011 Outback Limited 2.5i/2018 Crosstrek limited
4,942 Posts
I replaced the OEMs with Michelin’s and haven happy with the. Michelin defenders. Once the OEMs are worn out on our crosstrek I plan on replacing them with defenders. The OEMs are faulkens and they are Faulken crap!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts