Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i 5sp Manual
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just bought new tires finally to go on my new wheels which are 17's.

I looked around and decided to get the Goodyear Assurance TripleTread All-Seasons. I looked around and was able to find them for 155 a piece at Belle Tire. I wanted to buy them at Sears for the Rewards and I can put them on my Sears card. Their price was over 200 a tire. Total out the door price was around $1100 from Sears, compared to $687 at Belle Tire. Well they matched it I ended up paying $677, so I am a happy camper I get them installed either Monday or Tuesday.

From what I read these are good tires, hopefully they will turn out to be so.

·
Meh.
I has wagons.
12,324 Posts
They are an update of the old Assurance Tripletred, which was a good handling tire but suffered balance/noise/tread life issues.

I'm hoping Goodyear corrected this during the redesign.

·
Registered
2009 Subaru Outback 2.5i 5sp Manual
354 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
They are definitely louder than what I had before. But not unbearable. It was really rainy yesterday and they handled great, well see how they do on my troad trip next week.

·
Registered
2001 Outback
39 Posts
My set of TT are in their last season, bought them new in 2007 and put about 70k on them. They handle well in all seasons wet and dry.
Not the best in the winter, but I have a set of winter tires now. They are louder than I`d prefer, but they wear well. I`ll be looking at another brand for my next set. My dad had TT on his is Impala and got a great deal on a set of some Mastercrafts.. I may follow his lead or opt for Generals. Enjoy your new TT

1 - 4 of 4 Posts