Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks from the treasure coast of Florida.

I have a couple questions
1) Heard mention of possible CVT issues with Subie's
2) Also issues with Blown Head gaskets on Subie's
3) Any good independent Subie repair shops in Treasure Coast area of Fl

Side note: I did see where Subaru extended warranty on 2010 to 2015 from 5 yrs 60K to 10 yrs 100K for CVT. I understand they make them in house and not made by third party

Has Subaru improved on there manufacture of CVT's, and are Blown Head gasket still issues with the Boxer engine ?

·
Registered
1,220 Posts
Hi folks from the treasure coast of Florida.

I have a couple questions
1) Heard mention of possible CVT issues with Subie's
2) Also issues with Blown Head gaskets on Subie's
3) Any good independent Subie repair shops in Treasure Coast area of Fl

Side note: I did see where Subaru extended warranty on 2010 to 2015 from 5 yrs 60K to 10 yrs 100K for CVT. I understand they make them in house and not made by third party

Has Subaru improved on there manufacture of CVT's, and are Blown Head gasket still issues with the Boxer engine ?
CVT issues are overblown. Google "transmission recalls" in the past year. - they're all over the place, CVT, DCT, Traditional automatics. Transmissions are complicated and do have issues, but the CVT is no worse than any other type. Nissan CVT problems are kinda making all CVT's look bad.

Blown head gaskets were for the naturally aspirated subarus when they weren't using multi-layer steel head gaskets. Now all the head gaskets are multi-layer-steel.

Bonus:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
CVT issues are overblown. Google "transmission recalls" in the past year. - they're all over the place, CVT, DCT, Traditional automatics. Transmissions are complicated and do have issues, but the CVT is no worse than any other type. Nissan CVT problems are kinda making all CVT's look bad.

Blown head gaskets were for the naturally aspirated subarus when they weren't using multi-layer steel head gaskets. Now all the head gaskets are multi-layer-steel.

Bonus:

Appreciate your response, Thank you

1 - 3 of 3 Posts