Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, just bought a 2015 Limited with Eyesight. Never had a Subaru before but my girlfriend and I agreed this was a really nice car to have for a growing family and two rescue pit bulls.

Anyway, two questions:
It’s a certified car and I’m not much of a warranty guy although I got the skinny beforehand on what the ‘cost’ of these choice and gold plus warranties are and that they were plenty reasonable...how’d I do?

I got the Gold Choice Plus (or whatever it’s called) $0 deductible for 7/100 at $795. What have others paid? I believe this was only slightly above cost and I did good. Car has 20k now and it’s in service date was exactly 3 years ago so it effectively gives me 4 full years of coverage, I won’t hit 100k in that time.

Also, when I bought the car there was a long deep 2-foot scratch on drivers door that their body shop had fixed before I picked up. I hadn’t noticed this defect however, which seems pretty bad and I’m wondering if the dealer is going to do anything for me or if this is covered under corrosion warranty or any type of warranty. Does anyone else have bad bubbling like this? What would you do? It’s on the passenger front lower door by molding.

Attachments

·
Registered
5,870 Posts
I'm a big believer that when you buy a used car you accept the defects.

That being said, I would have the dealer look at it to see if it is covered by the corrosion warranty.

Reactions: 1 Lucky Texan

·
Registered
2017 2.5i Premium Lapis Blue
4,197 Posts
Looks like sloppy body-work to me. I would take it as a sign not to use the body shop that fixed that.

·
Registered
2019 2.5i Limited Forester (hers) (4th Subie), 2014 Impreza Premium (mine)(#5)
2,298 Posts
Hey all, just bought a 2015 Limited with Eyesight. Never had a Subaru before but my girlfriend and I agreed this was a really nice car to have for a growing family and two rescue pit bulls.

Anyway, two questions:
It’s a certified car and I’m not much of a warranty guy although I got the skinny beforehand on what the ‘cost’ of these choice and gold plus warranties are and that they were plenty reasonable...how’d I do?

I got the Gold Choice Plus (or whatever it’s called) $0 deductible for 7/100 at $795. What have others paid? I believe this was only slightly above cost and I did good. Car has 20k now and it’s in service date was exactly 3 years ago so it effectively gives me 4 full years of coverage, I won’t hit 100k in that time.

Also, when I bought the car there was a long deep 2-foot scratch on drivers door that their body shop had fixed before I picked up. I hadn’t noticed this defect however, which seems pretty bad and I’m wondering if the dealer is going to do anything for me or if this is covered under corrosion warranty or any type of warranty. Does anyone else have bad bubbling like this? What would you do? It’s on the passenger front lower door by molding.
Certified means it passed the mechanical inspection and you got a 7 year / 100K mile powertrain warranty.

The SAS Gold warranty covers mechanical and electronic things. This isn't corrosion - there's a manufacturers 5 year / 60K warranty against rust through. This looks like a relatively poor repair job.

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
1,018 Posts
Hmm, If I'm not mistaken Subaru will not CPO a car with body damage. I can't remember for sure but there was also a box checked on the CPO inspection sheet limiting the size and amount of dings the car was allowed to have to pass the inspection to qualify as a CPO!

Certified means it passed the mechanical inspection and you got a 7 year / 100K mile powertrain warranty.

The SAS Gold warranty covers mechanical and electronic things. This isn't corrosion - there's a manufacturers 5 year / 60K warranty against rust through. This looks like a relatively poor repair job.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts