Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Outback 3.6R
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone,

I live in Alaska and just recently bought a 2015 Outback 3.6R in Wilderness Green. It's replacing a 2016 Prius I bought last year after I totaled my 2015 328xi sport wagon. I ended up hating it and it did poorly in winter driving even with good snow tires.

So far I've gotten it caught up on some maintenance due. PO kept relatively good care with regular maintenance, but spark plugs had not yet been done (purchased with 107k miles). I also changed the oil, drive belt, PCV valve, cleaned the throttle body, and currently waiting for the rest of the fuel/intake system cleaning kit I ordered.

I also changed out the fog lamps for the Diodedynamics SS3 pods which made a huge difference! I like them so much, I decided to also order their C light upgrade. Additionally lights-wise, I changed out most of the incandescent bulbs for LED, and the side mirror markers for sequential LED.

Other accessories I installed are the moonroof and side window deflectors.

I may eventually replace the navigation head unit as it has the seemingly common grid pattern and is really difficult to see with any direct light hitting it, almost like the plastic film piece that houses the circuitry separated from the glass. Not a huge deal for me, as fall is right around the corner and it stays overcast and rainy this time of year.

So far I'm kinda kicking myself for not considering this vehicle sooner. I really like it.
Wheel Tire Land vehicle Vehicle Car

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
10,091 Posts
Welcome to the forum, and great looking Outback!

I concur with your opinion of the Prius in any kind of adverse weather; my wife owns one. We don't even bother with all-season tires; there's not much to be gained.

·
Registered
2015 3.6 Premium
1,387 Posts
Welcome from the opposite side of the world.

Reactions: RudyinAK

·
Premium Member
2021 OB Touring, 2011 OB Premium
1,939 Posts
Welcome to the Forum, from Portland, OR. Very nice looking Outback. Hoping it serves you well!

Reactions: RudyinAK
1 - 6 of 6 Posts