Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there. Two days ago I purchased my first Subaru - a 2013 Outback Premium with AW package and moonroof. So far I love it!

But I'm having a hard time finding the LATCH weight limits. One site I found said 60 pounds, but it wasn't a reliable source. Anyone know?

Thanks!

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
60lbs is pretty much the standard. Any kid beyond the infant seat should be lashed down using the standard belts anyway. Having two kids three cars and two seats per kid I actually do not like using the latch system for any of the seats except the snap n go base. The standard seat belt is far far superior regarding getting the kids seat lashed down tight vs trying to get a good snug fit with the latch straps.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 2.5i Premium, CVT, Steel Silver, all-weather package. Upgrades: Tweeter kit, BlueConnect, media hub, remote start, Curt 2" receiver hitch.
1,129 Posts
The standard seat belt is far far superior regarding getting the kids seat lashed down tight vs trying to get a good snug fit with the latch straps.
You think so? I have always found it easier to get the seat mounted tightly with the LATCH system. This was one of my main issues with getting my wife to upgrade her car. Her old HONDA didn't have LATCH connections... Or any other safety features to speak of. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just a different between the seats... Ours has auto wind straps just like a seatbelt. You just attach them to the LATCH hooks, then push down on each side of the seat. The belts tighten and it is rock solid. Comes out easily to move it to grandma's car.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Sienna, miss my eyesight. Life moves on.
982 Posts
You think so? I have always found it easier to get the seat mounted tightly with the LATCH system. This was one of my main issues with getting my wife to upgrade her car. Her old HONDA didn't have LATCH connections... Or any other safety features to speak of. :rolleyes:

Maybe it's just a different between the seats... Ours has auto wind straps just like a seatbelt. You just attach them to the LATCH hooks, then push down on each side of the seat. The belts tighten and it is rock solid. Comes out easily to move it to grandma's car.
I have a seat that auto clicks as well to the latches and its fantastic. The only problem I have though is for the rear facing setup I have to prop up the rear part of the seat with towels to make it level. Then I had to retighten it a couple times as the towels compressed.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
Oddly we know people who think that if a carseat is installed with the latch you also have to install with the seatbelt. Anyone still do this? We just use the Latch

·
Registered
'11 Outback 2.5i CVT - '06 Forester X 5MT
1,766 Posts
Welcome to the forum enjoy your Outback. Now that you have a Subaru, you won't be without at least one in your garage :cool:

Oddly we know people who think that if a carseat is installed with the latch you also have to install with the seatbelt. Anyone still do this? We just use the Latch
It explicitly states NOT to do that on my child seats. Not sure why but it says it on 2 or 3 warning labels. Use EITHER the LATCH OR Seat Belts but NOT both....

I find the LATCH working great in both cars with my infant seat.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback Premium 2.5i All-Weather+Moonroof Venetian Red Pearl W/ Ivory Coth
572 Posts
I love the Latch system. The reason why they inspect carseat installations at the hospital before you can take baby home is that it was so confusing using the seatbelts. WIth Latch and with especially the Chicco, Britax and Graco seats its idiot proof!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts