Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just moved to PDX from North Carolina. Just bought an 04 outback H6 3.0. Want to turn it into a vehicle that I can still drive daily yet take it to any of the many state and national parks in the area as well as, handling the rough terrain and rough weather this part of the country is particularly known for. On that note I have a few things in mind I would like to explore.

1st off being the suspension, I already know the front end needs some work. So, I would like to lift the car as much as I can without having to completely modify everything. ppreciated/
I would also like to explore front bumper options. I have been looking online for info on lifting an 04 but have not had much success. So any input would help.
Also I will be needing tires sooner than later so what tires are recommended?

Any additional info on what to look out for and where the best mechanic in town to have a look at the ol' girl would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

·
Super Moderator
2016 3.6 Limited with ES
2,954 Posts
I can't help you with your model but here's a welcome from a former PNW resident from the Port Angeles area who used to work a Stihl.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
7,813 Posts
Welcome to Portland!

I do small stuff myself, but I use Superior Import at their East Burnside location for major work; they are very competent. They did my head gasket repair.

I don't know how they might be for suspension modifications, though, as I keep my 2008 stock.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the welcome guys. It has always been my dream to live in the PNW for the copious amounts of hiking, skiing and climbing opportunities. My wife and I are stoked to be here.

·
Registered
2014 Outback 2.5i Limited/SAP
24 Posts
Welcome to Portland! I currently live in the Portland metro.

·
Premium Member
'08 OBXT 5MT Limited
23 Posts
Welcome! I would personally not touch anything more than a 2" lift if you don't want to mess with anything else. ADF lifts are the go to in the US. I decided to keep mine at stock height for now with Falken Wildpeak all-terrain tires to maximize off and on road performance.

EDIT: just saw this was an old post... what did you end up doing?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I just put stock size enduramaxes on her. Had some stuff that was more pressing to fix to get her more reliable and safe for the back country. But the ADF 2" lift is the way I'd like to go. I talked to a suspension company and they said the have a full lift kit in the works.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts