Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2019 Forester Sport. Love the Orange.
4,018 Posts
So far I have been in contact with about 5 dealers within 100 miles of where I live. The pricing is significantly different even with the same exact options.

Thanks for the compliment Sequoia :) I love my babies. My male Kodi is 5 years old and the pup Kaia is 6 months old...they handle the heat very well. I have a plastic pool for them to play in when its hot out and plenty of cool water to drink :)
Don't ya just love it when they blow coat?? :rolleyes:;) We've had Akita's for almost thirty years and am still amazed how much can come off one dog.:eek: Good looking Siberian's BTW.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Anyone out there own the 2013 SAP? I am curious about the quality of the leather and I heard from a dealer that the nav had been updated for this trim level..Is there any truth to this?
Yep. It's too soon to tell about the quality of the leather inserts.(sides+backs are vinyl). I think the color looks "richer" than the ivory or black but that might be because it's so new. I highly doubt the software version for SAP is different. Sounds like a dealer blowing smoke.

·
Registered
4,018 Posts
Thanks, do you by any chance know how strong the rear vents are? Are they worth the cost? I've been going back and forth between the sap and premium trim...
I thought the Premie's got the rear vents also??

That was one of the main reasons for our upgrading from a 2011. With two big dogs in the back and no pop-out rear windows the air gets pretty stale with all windows closed. We tested them in the hot summer 100+ degrees and they worked well. You can get cool/cold air to each rear seat or to the back area. I wish Subaru would put in pop-outs, it would solve the air movement problem.

The issue I found is with the heat. As you adjust the temp up, at about 75 degrees and beyond, the air flow drops in the back as the temp adjustment goes up in the front. IOW you can't blast the back seat with hot air as it tops out at 75 degrees with reduced air flow.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts