Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2015 Mazda 6, Touring, MT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a potential Subaru buyer, I always do an extensive amount of research before making a large purchase :) I'm a bit nerdy. But it has come to a stand still, So I figured why not ask OB owners....

I have always driven Hondas, and I have never owned anything with AWD. I am looking into the OB for a few reasons. 1) I have 2 Siberian Huskies that I would love to be able to take to the snow and on camping trips, 2) Kids are coming into the picture in the next 2 years, 3) General life changes, tired of driving a coupe and not being able to accomplish simple tasks like buying mulch in large quantities, etc

After driving the OB, I admit I like it ALOT :29:. The ride is excellent and the room is incredible. I'm not sure how I feel about CVT because I have always driven manual transmission vehicles

In real world situations:

What are the advantages to CVT VS Manual?

How does the leather OR cloth hold up with pets?

How do the interior materials hold up to high levels of heat during the summer, and lowers temps in winter/fall?

Are the crash tests ratings available online? (haven't been able to find them)

Are repairs fairly decently priced?

I've heard that the advertised MPG isn't entirely accurate?

I am sure there is more I can not think of. I would like to say thank you in advance for any advice :D

Cheers

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thank you for the info. I really did enjoy the ride and Im sure my pups would love to go more places with me.

Does anyone know if the "wood grain" of the interior is able to be removed and/or changed out? If I get the limited that is literally the only thing I am not a fan of. I know its silly :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the advice everyone. I have decided to go ahead and start the process :) I'm hoping to have the car soon. Anyone have any tips on getting the best price?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
So far I have been in contact with about 5 dealers within 100 miles of where I live. The pricing is significantly different even with the same exact options.

Thanks for the compliment Sequoia :) I love my babies. My male Kodi is 5 years old and the pup Kaia is 6 months old...they handle the heat very well. I have a plastic pool for them to play in when its hot out and plenty of cool water to drink :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Oh, yes!! (enter sarcasm here) The first time my older husky blew his coat it drove me nuts. Fortunately as he has aged, I have kept him groomed monthly so he doesn't blow as much :) The pup has a soft woolly coat so I can only imagine what I am in for lol:29:

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Bradze, that is a very good point, $5 can of spray paint can fix a lot :)

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Anyone out there own the 2013 SAP? I am curious about the quality of the leather and I heard from a dealer that the nav had been updated for this trim level..Is there any truth to this?

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Thanks, do you by any chance know how strong the rear vents are? Are they worth the cost? I've been going back and forth between the sap and premium trim...

1 - 8 of 8 Posts