Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I feel like I've joined the most relaxed cult on Earth.

This is my first Subaru. I found her on CL for a song in December. The seller literally interviewed potential buyers to see what their plans were for her car. I promised to take good care of her, and take her on as many mad adventures as possible. Since then my honey and I have put 2K miles on her, with two trips to Death Valley, including an insane/impromptu one mile slog through 6-inch deep mud and snow in the Mojave, when my GPS told us to take a road that no longer existed. I wish I had video. I've been reading the tech topics non-stop, and am so grateful for all the fantastic information, from changing-out struts to repairing the infamous head gasket issue (thankfully Zoya - that's her name - does not have that issue, though at 205K miles, she seeps a bit of oil from the valve cover gaskets). She runs like a top, getting 26.6mpg combined. I am so in love with this car, and its function as a fantastic platform to take us to almost any outdoor adventure.

This picture is from Wildrose campground in Death Valley.
I am having the time of my life.

·
Registered
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
4,988 Posts
Welcome!

Always liked that color on the Gen 2 - and it fits in well with your Death Valley images!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts