Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello all,

New to the forum and New to Subaru.

Had my Outback for about a week now and loving it so far.

Im coming from a lifted 09 black jeep wrangler unlimited.

It was time for a change. better reliability better gas mileage and a more comfortable ride. THis makes an incredible SURF mobile holds my boards and paddleboards quite well

Though It's stock I thought Id share a few pics.

Upgrades are Puddle Lights , Rear seat protectors, All weather floor mats and all the stuff that came with the Special appearance package. Tinting the front Windows this week two match the rears and putting an additional 20% on the rear window

Not sure what all mod's are available for this thing.

Considered upgrading to 18"s and adding the Arch wheel Moldings and will be putting in Weathertech mats for the front.

* I have a pair of front OEM subaru all weather mats for sale.. Brand new
as well as a Subaru front windshield sun protector with Bag . New in box for sale as well.

I look forward to being a part of the community :29:

- John

Attachments

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have a 2012 Pearl white with tan but I really love the color of yours. Lets hope they have the new ones in June when I get a 2014. 13 months and 35,000 miles. 32mpg aver. 99% highway. Tires still have 9/32s left, brakes just checked have 7/32s rear 6/32 front. Zero problems or warranty. Why? I do my own service. Get a Fumoto valve for oil changes Cabin filter will take you all of about 4 minutes. This is the easiest car I have ever worked on.
Enjoy. Gas mileage took about 7,000 miles to get good. Only complaint, you guessed it the Navigation sucks. Next time I will use my Android.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah u aren't kidding. the navigation system is pathetic for a 2013 year model vehicle.

I was just thinking had they added the knob's like they have in bmw's near the armrest I wouldn't mind going through the screens as much but the touchscreen is a pain in the ass always having to hit the back or return arrow and of course its not the most updated and user friendly system. My galaxy s3 is superior as far as Navi goes.

However I can live with it and really the navi is my only gripe. Other than that this car has put a huge smile on my face.

So you say get a Fumoto valve for oil changes?

Yeah mostly city driving but noticed im getting right at about 25mpg's so far. so that has been a plus. I look forward to better MPG's after my first oil change and as the engine has time to learn my driving habits..

Also Im hoping this is a pretty active forum.

Im use to the Jeep Jk forum and e46fanatics bmw forum that were always more than helpful and always had alot going on.

Love my outback :29:

·
Registered
234 Posts
Fumoto Valve | Qwik Valve™

This makes changes fast and clean. You just open and it will drain nice and clean, not splashing and you can let a little out or a lot. I use a laundry 5 quart bottle. It fits under the car perfect. Drain and close. I don't even have to jack the car up. The first two times I went to the dealer, both times they put in 5 qts. The car holds a little less than 4.5. I take a picture of the odometer and the oil and save for when I sell it.

·
Registered
25 Posts
i have the same setup (white SAP, galaxy s3)! i really like the pin stripe and door molding....hmmm.

The Navi sucks, and i found that the screen scratched easy. i put two hair line scratches in it in the first two weeks. grabbed a screen protector off of ebay...not the best solution but better than scratches.

·
Registered
87 Posts
I have about 500 miles on my 2013 Outback SAP now, had the dealer install a hitch so that I can continue on the surf fishing circuit.

Just not sure what's in store with the beaches in NJ after Sandy, I hear that one of my old spots, Island Beach State Park, pretty much got wiped off the planet. Well, I guess all of the sugar sand is gone, looking for a silver lining hear:(

I attached a couple of photos of my home made fishing/cooler rack that I used on my previous Outback:29:

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
About this Discussion
10 Replies
7 Participants
Aorys
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing