Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello fellow Outback owners,

Just as the title says I'm new to the Outback and Subaru. My wife and I walked into the Subaru dealership with the intention of getting a Forester XT and we walked out with a 2012 Outback 2.5i Limited. I've had my heart set on a Forester XT for years, but after my wife heard "Premium gas only" it was all over for the XT. It was honestly a little hard for me at first, now I am happy to say I think we made a good choice going with the Outback.

Anyway, just happy to join the community and learn more and more about the Outback and what it's capable of.

m.buchano

·
Registered
13 Outback 2.5i Premium w/AWP 6MT
170 Posts
Welcome!!! you'll be plenty happy with the outback. I'm picking mine up today hopefully!

XT only has a 4 speed auto which kind of sucks. And premium and constant oil changes, be glad you didn't go for the XT. It'll be better in the long run.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5i Limited
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks! I know turbocharged cars are more costly to own, but they're just so dang fun to drive! :) As for the Outback, it has already performed like a dream in snow and on icy roads. I'm looking forward to a long lasting relationship with my Outback.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin
88 Posts
You should be very happy with your new Outback...:welcome2:

·
Registered
13 Outback 2.5i Premium w/AWP 6MT
170 Posts
I just picked up my 13 Outback tonight and love it.

6MT is a dream compared to the CVT. It just wasn't for me.

Got it simple, Premium w/All Weather Package, All Weather mats, and rear bumper protector. =]

Traded in my 2012 Camry i owned for six months. super happy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts