Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just bought my wife a new to us 2012 Outback w 43,000 mi. She is coming out of a KIA Sedona.
i bought it for her on Saturday afternoon I go pick it up Monday morning.I hope this little car is as good as everybody says they are.

·
Premium Member
03 H6 OBW & 06 WRX Sportwagon
17,823 Posts
any 6 year-old car could have problems

keep identical tires on it

check here before servicing a system on the car

make sure anyone servicing it knows where all the PROPER drain and fill points are for the fluids

·
Registered
2018 Limited 2.5 No eyesight package/no navi
177 Posts
Congratulations on the new to you car! That is pretty low mileage for a 6 year old car - looks like you got a deal.

·
Super Moderator
2008 OB Limited 2.5i, Portland OR USA
6,727 Posts
You should do well with it, I think.

Remember it's the last of of the EJ253 H4 engines and it has a timing belt, not a chain. The belt replacement interval is 105k miles or 105 months, whichever comes first. Chances are that with only 43k miles, you'll reach the time limit first.

·
Registered
1 Posts
G’day OBers!
After driving a Honda Civic for 20 years, I was forced to upgrade after a relatively minor rear end collision wrote off my trusty Civic...
In a mad rush, I jumped to buy a Forester - they didn’t have any XTs or manual transmissions to test drive and I needed a vehicle so I sort of got pressured into it by the salesman - silly me!
After several months of buyers remorse settling into boredom with the lack of grunt in the Foz, I was still madly researching the Outback and the Levorg, plotting for the right time to upgrade!!! Lol!
Then my sister unfortunately had a car accident and wrote off her car - she had been eyeing off the Foz with much envy and so I agreed to sell it to her!
Now I’m about to buy the Outback 3.6R as the H6 seems to have the punch the Foz lacks. Happy days, sunnier still if I can get a great deal on this OB!
Once I’ve actually got it, I’d like to start a thread for Australian owners of the OB 3.6R if that’s ok? In the Aust/NZ section?
Also, how does one update one’s profile with my OB details like engine and transmission?
Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok so I was on my phone and reset my password so I could get on here with my phone. Now I am NOT able to log in on my computer at home. My computer keeps putting in my original password. Could someone please tell me how to stop that from happening? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2014 3.6R Limited
1,068 Posts
When it enters your password just back the old password out(click on the end of the password and backspace til it's blank) and type in your new password and sign in! Your browser should then ask if you want to change to the new password.

Ok so I was on my phone and reset my password so I could get on here with my phone. Now I am NOT able to log in on my computer at home. My computer keeps putting in my original password. Could someone please tell me how to stop that from happening? Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
That was the first thing I tried. Before I can get the new password in it automatically adds the old one back in.

·
Registered
2012 Outback 2.5
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
OK I figured it out. I had to go to the settings in my computer and delete the password
that was saved.Thank you Red Suburu for trying to help.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts