Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Outback Limited 2.5L
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I am picking up a 2003 Outback Limited today after owning 3 Audi's, ('01 TT, '01 A4 Avant, '99 A4 Avant) all of which were totaled by idiot drivers. Hopefully I have better luck in a Suby. It has the 2.5L short block with 94,000 miles and 5 speed manual transmission. I paid $6000 which I thought was a fair price for a one owner lessee (older woman actually) who traded it in before the timing belt/head gasket needed repair. The car is in great condition, and it looks like it has 20,000 miles and not 94,000. The car drives fine, with tight steering, and peppy response, but definitely a lot different than my Audi.

What Im looking for right now is some advice as to how to make this puppy last a long time. I know just like with Audi, the 100,000 mile mark is a standard for timing belt/head gasket/water pump, but im wondering what are some other things that I can expect down the road.

I know that there are a few recalls out for the 2003 model (including front/rear suspension, cruise control cable), I was wondering if anyone has had experience getting these recalls repaired.

Also, i am having a hard time finding a website that offer performance/oem parts for Subaru. In the past I used forums like VWVORTEX.com, and retailers like ECStuning.com to buy and sell most of my parts. Besides this forum, what are some other goods forums, and does anybody know where I can get parts such as cold air intake, exhaust, body parts, etc.

Thanks in advance to anyone who response with some helpful advice!!!!!

·
Registered
2003 LL Bean Outback H6 and 2019 Outback Base
514 Posts
Welcome newyorklife!!!!

I would strongly recommend using SUBARU ONLY parts.They tend to be tempermental if you use any others.........especially the engine area.....

Its a great car and should last over 200,000 miles if properly maintained........

Again.......welcome

1 - 2 of 2 Posts