Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just helped my Niece get her first car, it's a 2005 Outback 3.0R VDC Limited with 184k miles. It was maintained and cared for very well so I am comfortable with the mileage. I don't like that the radio can't be changed easily on this model. I have done some research on the JDM HAVC swap and is how I found this forum, I am going to look into this swap. The main reason I want to change the radio is to get more modern radio with Bluetooth and Backup Camera.

My first question, How should this car feel when driven? I've never driven a Subaru before or a AWD car either, my daily driver(s) is a 2015 Jeep Wrangler on 37" tires and a 2006 VW Jetta TDI (287k miles). So I'm not sure if a 2005 Subi Outback should feel silky smooth, there isn't really a vibration but under harder acceleration there seems to be some sort of feeling/sensation going on in the middle/rear of the car. It is hardly noticeable and maybe I'm just being paranoid. If this isn't normal what is the common cause? Drive Shaft joints/bearings? I am mechanically inclined and do most of my own vehicle maintenance but I want this car to safe and reliable for a first time driver.

Attachments

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,120 Posts
there isn't really a vibration but under harder acceleration there seems to be some sort of feeling/sensation going on in the middle/rear of the car.
Check your transmission mount and if you need support...

See me...

https://www.ebay.com/itm/172995518800

If your mount is indeed shot. I can additionally supply you with a new OEM mount with insert for less than the dealer.

Reactions: nezsm

·
Registered
2005 Outback 3.0R VDC Limited
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Check your transmission mount and if you need support...

See me...

If your mount is indeed shot. I can additionally supply you with a new OEM mount with insert for less than the dealer.
Thanks, I'm going to go through everything on it this weekend.

Steven

1 - 3 of 3 Posts