Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys,
Just got myself a 2011 2.5 limited with 117k on the clock. Seems to be mechanically and structurally sound but I'm looking to change things already.

I love camping and outdoor fun; so what UK places are there to buy all the off road goodies, or is it a case of biting the bullet and ship things in?

Thanks in advance

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,735 Posts
I think UK people buy things from local JDM importers, or have them shipped from the USA / Canada.

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 Camellia Red Metallic, 2002 H6 Outback wagon VDC + 2001 2.5 VDC
336 Posts
Hi. Well
It’s something I have been looking into, specific accessories here in the U.K. are near impossible to find... even getting upgraded parts can be difficult...
but... if there were a few people interested and we could get the ball rolling, then there is an opportunity to do something..
I have been making and building parts for a different (niche) vehicle for a few years, but I have always wanted to direct that effort to Subarus (OB and Forester) with the eye towards adventuring and off the beaten track...
I have mildly lifted my gen2 OB and apgraded a few bits..
the Gen4 will also get a few mods in due course, when it’s possible to go adventuring again... (Carpathian Mountains???)

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi. Well
It’s something I have been looking into, specific accessories here in the U.K. are near impossible to find... even getting upgraded parts can be difficult...
but... if there were a few people interested and we could get the ball rolling, then there is an opportunity to do something..
I have been making and building parts for a different (niche) vehicle for a few years, but I have always wanted to direct that effort to Subarus (OB and Forester) with the eye towards adventuring and off the beaten track...
I have mildly lifted my gen2 OB and apgraded a few bits..
the Gen4 will also get a few mods in due course, when it’s possible to go adventuring again... (Carpathian Mountains???)
Sounds interesting. I do want at least a 2" lift and brush guards to mount light bars or even a winch depending on the project.

Keep me in the loop if you do start to make parts for OBs(y)

·
Registered
2011 Outback 3.6 Camellia Red Metallic, 2002 H6 Outback wagon VDC + 2001 2.5 VDC
336 Posts
Brush guards are not legal this side of the pond... prob get pulled by a keen copper or VOSA very quickly... certainly MOT man wouldnt approve
better tyres, skid plates and a mild lift are prob it...
what do you want to do and where do you want to go...?? A winch really is only usefull if you are going places that you really shouldn’t in a scoob to be honest...
I off road in something completely different, it doesn’t have a winch.. I put it places it shouldn’t go, most of the time I get away with it... other times I get a friend to give a little pull.
If we get out of this c19 thing enough to have a meet up, you would be welcome to join us for some mild to wild off road at a club event.. plenty of things to test the vehicle on without damage (and plenty to to a lot of damage)..
where in the country are you?? I am in south Lincolnshire.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brush guards are not legal this side of the pond... prob get pulled by a keen copper or VOSA very quickly... certainly MOT man wouldnt approve
better tyres, skid plates and a mild lift are prob it...
what do you want to do and where do you want to go...?? A winch really is only usefull if you are going places that you really shouldn’t in a scoob to be honest...
I off road in something completely different, it doesn’t have a winch.. I put it places it shouldn’t go, most of the time I get away with it... other times I get a friend to give a little pull.
If we get out of this c19 thing enough to have a meet up, you would be welcome to join us for some mild to wild off road at a club event.. plenty of things to test the vehicle on without damage (and plenty to to a lot of damage)..
where in the country are you?? I am in south Lincolnshire.
Ah, I've just moved further away from there! Just moved to Suffolk, start of last month, from the tip of North Norfolk!

Just sent you a PM too

·
Registered
336 Posts
Not a million miles... I grew up Near Downham Market and lived in Bury st Edmunds for several years...
replied..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts