Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Outback 2.5L, bone stock
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings, Just popping in to say hello, before I really need to ask the group a question.

I'm in my mid-40's and I've recently moved back to Western PA from Florida. In the process, I acquired a Used 2009 Subaru Outback 2.5L with 19k miles on it to use as a commuter car. Long story short: My folks wanted a new 2013 Outback, so I bought their 2009 and they went off and got a new one.

Anywho, I've run the mileage up to 30k in the six months I've been commuting with it. Nice weather this weekend meant I spent a fair amount of time under the car doing routine maintenance chores. (oil change, air filter, wiper blades, etc, etc.)

Future plans: I've got to hang a trailer hitch on it this week, so I can take the trailers to get their Florida plates swapped for PA plates.

After that, I'll probably build a spare 2.5L motor for the car. (I tend to have a ready spare around the farm for most of the vehicles here... spare 302 Ford long block for the pickups, 3800SC Buick for my daugter's car, etc.) So sooner or later, I'll be asking about acquiring a FSM and doing a rebuild on a flat four.

Curt
clm2112

1 - 1 of 1 Posts