Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
'14 Subaru Outback, '07 Subaru STi, '15 Ford Mustang GT/PP, '03 Chevy ZO6
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. New to the Outback community but not subarus. I've owned a Forester and still own my STi.

Since my Outback is my official kid hauler I'm looking to keep mods simple and tasteful.

Living in CT and in the back country a bit, one first mod is a set of winter wheels with dedicated snow or all terrain tires to trudge through several feet of unplowed snowy roads.

My Forester was amazing at the snow... hoping for the same from the Outback.

Looking forward to the community.

Thanks.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Welcome to the Outback life! for mods I'd go with a custom exhaust. I got the nameless axle-back but wish I went custom, K&N drop in filter and after that everything's custom. Kinda sucks but if you find something its never very easy to get but I know the the 3rd gen outbacks, legacy stuff usually bolts up. not sure about the 14's though.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,215 Posts
it says you have a Ford GT/PP

for a second I thought that was a rare Ford GT,...which was reborn as a 2016 after a 10 year pause.

but I guess it is a Mustang GT Pony Package

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome to the Outback life! for mods I'd go with a custom exhaust. I got the nameless axle-back but wish I went custom, K&N drop in filter and after that everything's custom. Kinda sucks but if you find something its never very easy to get but I know the the 3rd gen outbacks, legacy stuff usually bolts up. not sure about the 14's though.
Thanks for the heads up about the 3rd gen Outback/legacy parts! Yes I'm def gonna do a K&n filter and probably the Forester polished exhaust tip. It does seem a lot of the mods are custom DIY mods.

it says you have a Ford GT/PP

for a second I thought that was a rare Ford GT,...which was reborn as a 2016 after a 10 year pause.

but I guess it is a Mustang GT Pony Package

Yes sorry for the confusion... it's a '15 Mustang GT with the factory Performance Package and Recaros.

I wish I was in the position to afford the new GT super car... although it seems money/wealth alone was not enough of qualifier to get a hold one.

·
On the Super Mod Squad
02 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
26,215 Posts
Thanks for the heads up about the 3rd gen Outback/legacy parts! Yes I'm def gonna do a K&n filter and probably the Forester polished exhaust tip. It does seem a lot of the mods are custom DIY mods.

Yes sorry for the confusion... it's a '15 Mustang GT with the factory Performance Package and Recaros.

I wish I was in the position to afford the new GT super car... although it seems money/wealth alone was not enough of qualifier to get a hold one.
does your mustang have a regular gas cap, or one of those odd self sealing nozzle holes, that you hope will seal up properly every time.?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
does your mustang have a regular gas cap, or one of those odd self sealing nozzle holes, that you hope will seal up properly every time.?
No gas cap.

I'm not a fan... it hasn't caused me any issues so far but I can't imagine that will last....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts