Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2008 OBXT 5eat Navi in black
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I can check new wheels & tires off my mods list. :D They'll look even better when I get around to having the windows tinted.

Maxxim Maze 18x7.5
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 245/45-18

·
Registered
2006 2.5i
95 Posts
I'm not normally a fan of red lip rims but that's pretty sick. You should plastidip your grill but have the wings done in red to match the rims. That would complete the badass package.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Nice!!! This is one of the options I have as far as wheels n tires...

Did u get your tint yet???? Any pics with it and wheels...

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,107 Posts
Looks great. XT to boot.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the kind words!

And no, I haven't gotten my tint yet, but I'm strongly thinking of getting it done before it gets warm. Black leather and a black interior on a black car isn't the most fun after it's been sitting in the Chicago sun for a few hours...

Last summer I found that if it's above 80 and sunny I can't keep the sunroof shade open if I want to have air conditioning. And that's no fun, this is the largest sunroof I've seen on any car I've ridden in.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a request for more pictures, so here goes! I did get a car wash last weekend, not that it's obvious with the crazy amount of salt they use here...

I haven't posted pics since I did a number of small mods, so these pics include other mods as well.

Front angle. HID kit from TheRetrofitSource and Nokya yellow fogs

Here we see a subie in its natural habitat. Shh, it's sleeping...

Here you can see the painted calipers (to match the red stripe on the wheels). I'm pretty impressed at how well the paint is holding up given the rather harsh winter we've had.

Full shot of the wheel, with StopTech slotted rotors and Hawk HPS pads.

·
Registered
171 Posts
It looks awesome!!! Love the wheels, you really need to get the tint!
I just did mine and it makes a huge difference!!

Thanks for posting the pics!!! Is the suspension stock?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
It looks awesome!!! Love the wheels, you really need to get the tint!
I just did mine and it makes a huge difference!!

Thanks for posting the pics!!! Is the suspension stock?
Suspension is stock. I likely will add a beefier rear anti-sway bar, and we'll see from there. (Oh and my front suspension makes a kind of creaky noise, which means something needs to be replaced probably. Stupid potholes...)

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium CVT
15 Posts
Where did you get the hood with the scoop?

Well, I can check new wheels & tires off my mods list. :D They'll look even better when I get around to having the windows tinted.

Maxxim Maze 18x7.5
Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus 245/45-18

·
Registered
06' Outback 3.0R
219 Posts
Where did you get the hood with the scoop?
this is the Outback XT so 2.5 turbo so the hood with the scoop came from the factory on the car, if you see a subie with a scoop its a turbo, subaru puts the intercooler on top of the engine and the scoop funnels the air in to cool it

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5 Premium CVT
15 Posts
this is the Outback XT so 2.5 turbo so the hood with the scoop came from the factory on the car, if you see a subie with a scoop its a turbo, subaru puts the intercooler on top of the engine and the scoop funnels the air in to cool it
Right on. I am looking to get that hood for my 2013, its not turbo but I definitely dig the look of that hood.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts