Subaru Outback Forums banner

1821 - 1840 of 1859 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
15,979 Posts
New member here based in northern Colorado. Recently acquired an 07 OBXT 5spd w/ 140k. My sister drives an 07 l.l. bean so now we sorta match haha. I've learned a lot from these forums and hope I can contribute some knowledge to the outback community. Car is stock for now but plans to build a fast daily driver / mountain adventure wagon.
Please make sure you check or oil, and you change it often. 3750 miles on full synthetic. And be mindful if it every starts getting hot. These cars do NOY like to run overdue on oil, low on oil or overheated.

I love these so much I have 2. But they need some extra care.

If you need some suspension recommendations ... look me up. I even sling a few parts for Gen3 OBs.

:welcome2:

BTW. Check you oil, often.

·
Registered
07 OBXT
52 Posts
Thanks traildogck. I definitely heed the advice on the oil. My OBXT has been running great but unfortunately has been consuming a quart of oil every 500 miles. Since I got this car at auction I have zero history on it. I'm going to replace the PCV system and do a compression / leak down next week. Im kinda expecting bad news there and have started to budget for a built motor.

I could really use your advice on suspension though. My sisters H6 is ghost walking and i'm trying to formulate my game plain to beef up the rear suspension and correct the geometry issues. Been running King springs and 04 Kyb's for 2 years and love that set up. She only first noticed the ghost walking during that last big snow storm that hit Denver.

I would send ya a PM but I guess I need more posts before I can do that.

·
Registered
2006 Subaru Outback XT
7 Posts
Howdy Folks.

Chiming in for the Bay Area in California. Came across this forum while researching my P0011 code on my 2007 Outback XT. Just got news from the dealership the turbo is toast and they're suspecting the rattling is from the engine block so I'm here doing my research. Figured I might as well join the party and hopefully, if I keep the car, there will be a lot of participation here in the future!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hello! Just got my XT about 3 weeks ago, found this forum and signed up.

Anyone know which hoods will fit with a bigger scoop? Not looking for carbon fiber because I heard they are brittle, but something cooler than the mini scoop on the XT.

Also, does anyone know what the engine model is in an 06 XT Limited? EJ...?

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Hello! Just got my XT about 3 weeks ago, found this forum and signed up.

Anyone know which hoods will fit with a bigger scoop? Not looking for carbon fiber because I heard they are brittle, but something cooler than the mini scoop on the XT.

Also, does anyone know what the engine model is in an 06 XT Limited? EJ...?
Look here for Hood Scoop Mods that are not stupid. I just ordered a CF version for Cherry Bomb.

https://legacygt.com/forums/showthread.php/hood-scoop-thread-you-wish-270073.html?p=5884486#post5884486

This guys does all kinds of CF and fiberglass products.

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
I could really use your advice on suspension though. My sisters H6 is ghost walking and i'm trying to formulate my game plain to beef up the rear suspension and correct the geometry issues. Been running King springs and 04 Kyb's for 2 years and love that set up. She only first noticed the ghost walking during that last big snow storm that hit Denver.
We can definitely fix the GW crap..I have both of my cars dialed. That storm you are talking about...I ruled the road. No Sheit. Including driving up on sidewalks and dodging a Thornton Plow truck sliding and pinwheeling down a hill toward me. I just powered around all the mess...Good Cherry Bomb. Good girl.

I also run Cooper WeatherMaster M+S with 112 studs per tire in the winter. I can d*nm near climb a frozen waterfall.

·
Registered
07 OBXT
52 Posts
We can definitely fix the GW crap..I have both of my cars dialed. That storm you are talking about...I ruled the road. No Sheit. Including driving up on sidewalks and dodging a Thornton Plow truck sliding and pinwheeling down a hill toward me. I just powered around all the mess...Good Cherry Bomb. Good girl.

I also run Cooper WeatherMaster M+S with 112 studs per tire in the winter. I can d*nm near climb a frozen waterfall.
I decided to go full whiteline on the rear (all bushings + adjustable lateral links) Wasn't cheap but dam was it worth it. My alignment guy was in awe with the beefiness and function of all those parts. I can confirm it 100% fixed the ghost walking.

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
I decided to go full whiteline on the rear (all bushings + adjustable lateral links) Wasn't cheap but dam was it worth it. My alignment guy was in awe with the beefiness and function of all those parts. I can confirm it 100% fixed the ghost walking.
The 2 forward links, the OEM ones are garbage. Replacing those alone ia 1/2 of the GW problem. The other 1/2 is the proper alignment. Make sure you check the cinch nuts a few times until you are sure they are set and tight.

Now your Gen3 is fixed. Well one problem at least. :smile2:You do ownan XT after all. BTW, check your oil.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Got my 2007 OB XT LTD 5 EAT last monday and had some issues with the wastegate solenoid. Got codes at around 4k rpm during moderate acceleration on the highway to pass and hard pulls in 2nd, 3rd or 4th. After checking out the forums and deciding to replace the solenoid and actuator, I figured I'd just baby it until i could get it checked out. On my way to work today I got cut off by an a$$hole who decided to brake check me after and forgot to baby my "new" and problematic XT. Hard pull through 2nd, 3rd and 4th to 6k rmp and no codes. Gonna see how the rest of the week goes and then I'll have to see if it's a hardware or tune issue.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello!!! I just got my first outback! It's a 2005 XT 5MT. I'm super excited to start working on it! I look forward to learning allot on here.

·
Registered
JDM Outback XT BPH
2 Posts
Hello! I've just moved over from a 3.0 6MT Spec B wagon to a freshly imported 2008 JDM Outback XT 2.5L. I was lucky to find one with nearly all of the factory options included such as Eyesight, auto lights, auto wipers, body kit, sti wheels, sti pedals, 100w ac converter, cargo fan, reclining rear seats, parking sensors, rear camera, fujitsubo exhaust, and some other bits I haven't figured out what they do yet... So far it's been undersealed and remapped for UK fuel retarding some timing and upping boost to 18psi. LRM_EXPORT_30919109343198_20190509_223500169.jpg LRM_EXPORT_30920508847885_20190509_223501569.jpg LRM_EXPORT_30910907604657_20190509_223451968.jpg LRM_EXPORT_30909640569762_20190509_223450701.jpg LRM_EXPORT_30908716032262_20190509_223449776.jpg LRM_EXPORT_30920725615593_20190509_223501785.jpg

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hello, I’ve own my 08 OBXT since fall 16. All I’ve done to it is maintenance. I recently decided I was going to do something about my suspension. For a while I was pretty sure I was going to do the Legacy JDM Bilstein swap, but committed to the KYB OB struts with rear king springs. Planning on upgrading the rest of the suspension parts (swaybars, endlinks, etc.).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Hello! I've just moved over from a 3.0 6MT Spec B wagon to a freshly imported 2008 JDM Outback XT 2.5L. I was lucky to find one with nearly all of the factory options included such as Eyesight, auto lights, auto wipers, body kit, sti wheels, sti pedals, 100w ac converter, cargo fan, reclining rear seats, parking sensors, rear camera, fujitsubo exhaust, and some other bits I haven't figured out what they do yet... So far it's been undersealed and remapped for UK fuel retarding some timing and upping boost to 18psi. View attachment 452295 View attachment 452297 View attachment 452299 View attachment 452301 View attachment 452303 View attachment 452305

Sent from my BLN-L21 using Tapatalk
I wish I had the same model options you do...

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Hello, I’ve own my 08 OBXT since fall 16. All I’ve done to it is maintenance. I recently decided I was going to do something about my suspension. For a while I was pretty sure I was going to do the Legacy JDM Bilstein swap, but committed to the KYB OB struts with rear king springs. Planning on upgrading the rest of the suspension parts (swaybars, endlinks, etc.).

Look me up when it comes to sway bar bushings, even for upgraded bars.

·
Registered
4 Posts

Look me up when it comes to sway bar bushings, even for upgraded bars.

Thank you, I’ve followed a lot of your posts. You helped me with my decision on my KYBs w King springs.

Part of the reasons I started to post and stop lurking is to get to the ten minimum post to see your build :).

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All!

I just started my adventure with my first Subaru! 2005 Subaru Outback XT Limited with the 5 speed! Got it in the Rondo Red with 160ish K miles.

Coming from Mitsubishi it's a little odd and feels somewhat wrong. Already stated working on it starting with control arms and some steering/stabilizing repairs.

Glad to start looking and see what all the fuss is about.

-Peter

·
Registered
2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R
4 Posts
Hey everyone! Just picked up a 2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R this weekend. It's my first Subaru and I'm loving it so far. It has 108k miles on it and the engine still feels incredible!

·
Master Caster
15,979 Posts
Hey everyone! Just picked up a 2005 Subaru Outback 3.0R this weekend. It's my first Subaru and I'm loving it so far. It has 108k miles on it and the engine still feels incredible!
Welcome.

The 3.0 is not an XT. (technically) The XT badge to diferentiste the H4 turbo equipped cars.

Be happy, you have the more reliable car.

·
Registered
2009 OBXT limited
1 Posts
New Member- 2009 Outback XT limited 5MT.

110,000 Cylinder 4 and 2 failed on me, just finishing my rebuild with some aftermarket items. I'll attach pictures when completed.

Curious, has anyone used the subtle solutions lift kit? Any issues, looking to give my car a rally look/feel.

1821 - 1840 of 1859 Posts