Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wanted to say HELLO :) from the winter wonderland we like to call Vermont...

Have always loved Subaru's. Used to have an Impreza but it's been quite a few years since I've owned one until now.

Went back to driving Ford and just have not felt like driving was fun like it used to be when I was driving my Impreza, Focus vs. Impreza LOL yeah right!!

So, the story and I am curious to hear feedback... I noticed my neighbor has had his Outback for sale for awhile and I for some reason kept passing it by until the other day. The looked in good condition but I've never owned a wagon before and honestly wasn't too sure about it (looks wise lol)... however I said **** with it, I popped in and asked about it.

It is a 2003 with what I felt to be High mileage at 190K... however when i said let me test drive it and check it out, the thing ran better than my current new Ford Focus that I was driving! I loved it, handled great and I beat the crap out of it for a couple hours test running it, either it's going to Go or it's going to Blow!
He told me I could have it for $500... ok. I countered with not interested but I could possibly do $350 and that was it lol.

So, $350 for an '03 Outback 2.5L with 190K. Now here's the kicker that I got out of him after... turns out the car was his fathers and his dad just couldnt drive anymore due to old age and seizures, so he was just going to send the car to the junk yard if it didn't sell by the end of the month. He showed me the receipts of the work they did to restore the car which included new Head gaskets, timing belt, water pump, plugs & wires, battery, car starter, suspension, new tires, and a few other things.

I've been driving it around the last couple days and it runs and drives smooth especially for an '03 in my opinion. Just wanted to share this story here and I am excited to be back in the Subie club. I know they're not the most powerful things but you can feel that difference between a 2 wheel drive Ford Focus and an AWD Subaru LOL... Just looking to get my feet wet again with this Outback and learn about it, play around with it, and then move on.

Thoughts? Any thing I should look out for? Looking forward to spending time in this group and getting my way around.

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5 Premium
406 Posts
350 for a car with all the major repairs done??? You would have been a fool to pass it up. I cant believe it sat for that long at that price? I thought VT was one of the Subie states where everyone has at least 1. Congrats on the steal you just got. If what he told you was true you shouldn't need anything major for a while. Post some pics and enjoy driving!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
350 for a car with all the major repairs done??? You would have been a fool to pass it up. I cant believe it sat for that long at that price? I thought VT was one of the Subie states where everyone has at least 1. Congrats on the steal you just got. If what he told you was true you shouldn't need anything major for a while. Post some pics and enjoy driving!
After looking through this group and learning about the major things that needs to be done, I realized how much of a steal this could be so I took it.... Yeah, VT is the Subie state LOL!

He provided all receipts and everything of work that has been done which was insane! I will try to post up some pics soon. :)

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 Pair: 3.0 VDC Wag & 2.5 Limited Sedan
25,776 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts