Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of October's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everybody! Obviously I'm new here, and but not Subaru. Currently, I have an '03 WRX, a '94 SVX, and an unfortunately neglected '89 XT6. In the past I've also owned an '87 GL (my first Subaru), and my ex-wife had an '01 Outback VDC. Try finding parts for one of those. ;)

Anyway, the reason I have joined here is that my fiancé and I are in the market for a new family truckster, and we've found one we're VERY interested in. I was hoping to get some insight from those more familiar of anything i should be on the lookout for. The car in question is a Garnet Red 2006 Outback XT Limited 5spd. This car has higher miles than I would have preferred (156000 to be precise), but has supposedly been dealer maintained including all scheduled/recommended services with all records. So, as I said, is there anything in particular I should be aware of or on the lookout for with one of these?

-Thanks!

·
Registered
2015 Forester XT Touring w/EyeSight
479 Posts
I'd be a little concerned about the turbo and / or if there is a catalytic converter in the up-pipe.

Check out the H6 version.

·
Registered
05 Xt beatin' to an inch of its life
665 Posts
Hello everybody! Obviously I'm new here, and but not Subaru. Currently, I have an '03 WRX, a '94 SVX, and an unfortunately neglected '89 XT6. In the past I've also owned an '87 GL (my first Subaru), and my ex-wife had an '01 Outback VDC. Try finding parts for one of those. ;)

Anyway, the reason I have joined here is that my fiancé and I are in the market for a new family truckster, and we've found one we're VERY interested in. I was hoping to get some insight from those more familiar of anything i should be on the lookout for. The car in question is a Garnet Red 2006 Outback XT Limited 5spd. This car has higher miles than I would have preferred (156000 to be precise), but has supposedly been dealer maintained including all scheduled/recommended services with all records. So, as I said, is there anything in particular I should be aware of or on the lookout for with one of these?

-Thanks!
That is a fairly rare Outback. There are issues with it. Great car, difficult to keep stock and not modify.

·
Registered
2011 Tacoma TRD Sport Double Cab Long Box
2,893 Posts
The turbo is the primary concern with these. I've always wanted an XT, but I simply can't justify it over the bulletproof H6.

They are relatively uncommon cars. One parked next to me at the gas station the other day (a red one, looked like an '05 or '06) and I complemented the older lady driving it. She didn't seem to know what I was talking about or why I thought so highly of it, and when I made a comment about the 243 HP turbo it has under the hood, she laughed and said she didn't know the numbers, but it was pretty quick. Sort of surprised me, I thought most people with Outback XTs knew exactly what they had and why they bought it. Didn't happen to notice if she was putting premium in it or not!

1 - 4 of 4 Posts