Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I purchased a 2008 Outback recently and the first thing I did was window tint. This is my first Subaru and first vehicle with frameless windows. My question is regarding the integrity of the tint after rain or washing the vehicle. I’ve noticed after it gets wet around the window, there is some water/condensation that is left between the top of the window and the door seal. I’m afraid this water being pressed against the edge of the tint will affect the adhesive of the tint over time. Should this be a concern or am I’m just being paranoid? Should I make it a habit to wipe down the seals after washing or after rain? Thanks

·
Registered
1,830 Posts
I purchased a 2008 Outback recently and the first thing I did was window tint. This is my first Subaru and first vehicle with frameless windows. My question is regarding the integrity of the tint after rain or washing the vehicle. I’ve noticed after it gets wet around the window, there is some water/condensation that is left between the top of the window and the door seal. I’m afraid this water being pressed against the edge of the tint will affect the adhesive of the tint over time. Should this be a concern or am I’m just being paranoid? Should I make it a habit to wipe down the seals after washing or after rain? Thanks
I had two tinted subarus with frameless windows and never had a problem with tint peeling due to moisture after a rain. Modern tints adhere pretty strongly but if it's been less than a week since the tint it may not be at maximum strength, particularly in cold weather. After the first month I would stop worrying about it. If you have doubts, contact your tinter because if there is a problem, they're the ones you will be dealing with.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts