Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
With all the negativity toward dealerships & their service, I thought I'd tell a story of a nice experience I had. Three weeks ago we bought a 2016 Limited. At the time, I negotiated a sunshade for the front windshield, and a rear cargo net to be thrown in on the deal. They ordered those items and we took the car home. a few days later the items arrived and 2 days after that, we went to get them. Well, the sunshade went missing during a showroom renovation so they ordered another that wasn't in yet. I should note that the dealership is a 45 minute drive for us. Ok, so they installed the cargo net and I mentioned that the drivers seat had what felt like a spring coming through. The service guy verified it, said he had never seen anything like it, and ordered a new seat cushion to be installed in another week. I also mentioned that a stone had put a star in the windshield and I was sick about it. We went back a week later and they had a courtesy car ready for us. They said it'd take 90 minutes or so, so instead of driving back home, we killed time by driving around a bit and getting lunch. When we went back to the dealership, the seat wasn't done and they were very sorry and it'd be the next morning. He was all kinds of apologetic and asked if there was anything he could do to make it up to us. I mention jokingly that it'd be nice to have the wheel arches. He said "no problem, I'll get them on." My wife said she'd rather have body side molding. The service guy said he could do either and that we just need to decide which. Since it's my wife car, she was stuck on BSM. Well, the next day we went to get the car and both BSM and WAM were installed, the windshield injected to repair the star, the seat was fixed, and the car was washed, and all was no charge. Wow. The seat is great, and the car looks great. Williams Subaru in Charlotte, NC. And something interesting he told me was that if the tires ever get 1/2 worn and then one of them gets ruined for some reason, I don't have to buy 4 new tires. Just buy one, and they have a machine that will cut the new ones diameter down to match the other three. Cool huh?

·
Registered
2017 3.6R, Ice Metallic Silver
35 Posts
With all the negativity toward dealerships & their service, I thought I'd tell a story of a nice experience I had. Three weeks ago we bought a 2016 Limited. At the time, I negotiated a sunshade for the front windshield, and a rear cargo net to be thrown in on the deal. They ordered those items and we took the car home. a few days later the items arrived and 2 days after that, we went to get them. Well, the sunshade went missing during a showroom renovation so they ordered another that wasn't in yet. I should note that the dealership is a 45 minute drive for us. Ok, so they installed the cargo net and I mentioned that the drivers seat had what felt like a spring coming through. The service guy verified it, said he had never seen anything like it, and ordered a new seat cushion to be installed in another week. I also mentioned that a stone had put a star in the windshield and I was sick about it. We went back a week later and they had a courtesy car ready for us. They said it'd take 90 minutes or so, so instead of driving back home, we killed time by driving around a bit and getting lunch. When we went back to the dealership, the seat wasn't done and they were very sorry and it'd be the next morning. He was all kinds of apologetic and asked if there was anything he could do to make it up to us. I mention jokingly that it'd be nice to have the wheel arches. He said "no problem, I'll get them on." My wife said she'd rather have body side molding. The service guy said he could do either and that we just need to decide which. Since it's my wife car, she was stuck on BSM. Well, the next day we went to get the car and both BSM and WAM were installed, the windshield injected to repair the star, the seat was fixed, and the car was washed, and all was no charge. Wow. The seat is great, and the car looks great. Williams Subaru in Charlotte, NC. And something interesting he told me was that if the tires ever get 1/2 worn and then one of them gets ruined for some reason, I don't have to buy 4 new tires. Just buy one, and they have a machine that will cut the new ones diameter down to match the other three. Cool huh?
Nice to hear someone had a nice experience post purchase. I have seen my three legged pink unicorn of the day!

·
Registered
2017 Outback Limited 2.5, Twilight Blue/Ivory, Eyesight. Also 1995 BMW 525i with 240,000 miles
2,248 Posts
Wonder if that tread cutting machine is a standard feature at all Subaru dealerships? I understand Subaru AWD is rather sensitive to tire/wheel diameter.

·
Registered
'16 Outback - Premium
623 Posts
Wonder if that tread cutting machine is a standard feature at all Subaru dealerships? I understand Subaru AWD is rather sensitive to tire/wheel diameter.
No, most places will not have this machine as they want people to buy all new tires (as most people do not know about such capability). Generally only some independent shops will have it.

Looks like the OPs dealership is one that really does aim at exceeding Customer Service. Good to hear a good dealership experience!

·
Registered
2017 OB 3.6R Ltd/2018 Forester Premium Blk Ed/2011 Legacy Ltd
64 Posts
Great to hear, it is rare indeed.
I wonder if the dealership would get anything back from SOA?

·
Registered
434 Posts
Thanks for the story, banjo bud. I also have a great dealer, who bends over backwards to do things right. I've now purchased three new Subarus from them, and spent thousands of dollars in their parts department working on older Subarus. They treat me like family, and they are the reason I'm a loyal customer. If it wasn't for the people at this dealership, I would have never purchased another Subaru after two long block and turbo replacements on a 2008 STi with less than 10k miles on it.

·
Premium Member
2018 Subaru Outback Limited 2.5L with Eyesight
12 Posts
Great account but it would have been more useful if the Dealership would have been identified in the Title.

·
Registered
2016 Outback Limited
174 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Sure. It was Williams Subaru in Charlotte, NC.

Reactions: 1 Lucky Texan
1 - 11 of 11 Posts