Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
15 Crosstrek
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just put a set of Nitto Motivos on the Outback. I have almost always used Nitto on the STI. They make a great track and street performance tire. I was a bit apprehensive about their "new" tire. They have not made a regular tire before.

I have about 1000 miles on them now and they are quiet, smooth and great handling, very little flex for the high side wall.

·
Registered
304 Posts
I looked at them a month ago or so at Discount Tire but then a few weeks ago went back and they recommended the Michelin Defender, but still like the Motivo due to its tread pattern and ratings from others online. So its mixed on what I will go with in a year or so.
Have you had any experience with them in the Rain? Also if you get off road some how they hold up ,to bad you wont have any snow to let me know how they handle.

·
Premium Member
15 Crosstrek
67 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So far only one rain storm.. and here that's buckets of rain... they did good across standing water and had predictable handling on cold wet oily concrete.

·
Registered
2005 Outback XT Limited 5EAT
91 Posts
I took the plunge. Except only 2 of 4 tires delivered today, so I will have to wait until next week to put them on (UPS error). Looking forward to trying them out.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Let us know if you get a chance for any rain driving hopefully not light or maybe snow too. Quiet? Handling?
Will do. My initial impressions are very good. Seems to soak up road imperfections (small potholes, highway joints) well. Handling is good, but I haven't had the chance to push it at all. Very quiet, but I will report back once I get some more miles on them.

No rain yet and I am hoping we won't see any more snow this year - just took off the Blizzaks, which I didn't really need in the DC area this year anyway.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Will do. My initial impressions are very good. Seems to soak up road imperfections (small potholes, highway joints) well. Handling is good, but I haven't had the chance to push it at all. Very quiet, but I will report back once I get some more miles on them.

No rain yet and I am hoping we won't see any more snow this year - just took off the Blizzaks, which I didn't really need in the DC area this year anyway.
Well maybe some or little snow to get a feel for with these. I am Wa state till april but I travel a lot so need a overall strong tire that can handle basically everything and rain is one and also quiet. But snow is a factor come this next winter ,no telling where I may be.
I am also looking at the Pirelli Scorpion Verde. Triple treds and Defenders are out being they are to soft and would be horrible possibly on dirt roads or mountain roads.

·
Registered
22,836 Posts
We have had a few family cars with Pirelli Scorpion's and none of them will ever have Pirelli branded tires again. Loud after a few miles - they lasted half as long as much cheaper tires and traction performance was really not that different.

·
Registered
91 Posts
Update - I love these tires. I had an opportunity to hit some country roads today and was really impressed by the road holding ability. Nothing crazy, but at 8/10s, the Motivos made my Outback feel like a new car.

On the daily commute, they are very quiet and soak up the bumps very well. Only a few rainy days, but I have no complaints at all.

The funny thing is that the sidewalls look almost puffy. I had to check the tire gauge twice to make sure they were inflated, but they were. I was concerned that they would be squishy because of this, but they're not.

·
Registered
'17 Outback Limited 3.6R in Venetian Red.
475 Posts
Has anyone tried these snow in the winter months that can comment?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts