Subaru Outback Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2022 Outback Onyx XT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I see Nitto has this tire available in the stock 225/60R18 size for the Onyx. I kind of like the look.

Nomad Grappler | Nitto Tire

I'm thinking of adding these to the "look at list" when the time comes to replace the factory offering.

Has anyone tried these yet?

Thank you.

·
Premium Member
2022 Subaru Outback Wilderness
829 Posts
They look close in design to the Toyo AT/IIIs that I have on my Wilderness (CoCo). You can what the tires look like in the gallery under This is CoCo. There is other added stuff, the photos were taken on the lift after installation of the skid plates.

·
Registered
2022 Outback Onyx XT
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
They look close in design to the Toyo AT/IIIs that I have on my Wilderness (CoCo). You can what the tires look like in the gallery under This is CoCo. There is other added stuff, the photos were taken on the lift after installation of the skid plates.
Those Toyos look good. I much prefer the look of plain blackwalls compared to raised white letters.

How is the road noise? I can't stand tires that hum at Interstate speeds. I had some BFG All Terrains on a truck once. They made it to 50,000 miles and then became quite noisey. They moved on. I couldn't stand it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have the Nitto Nomad Grappler 235/65/17 on my outback wilderness, love the way they look and ride. I don’t notice any humming typo of road noise. I had them installed before I even drove the car off the lot, so I can’t say how they compare to the Geolandars.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Love mine so far on the Wilderness. Went with 245/65/17 on Method 502's. Perfect blend for looks, functionality and doesn't kill your mpg or induce road noise rage. I used to have KO2's on my FJ and those are overkill IMO on the Outback. Few photo's for reference.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Window

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Grille

Wheel Car Tire Plant Vehicle

Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 3.0 L.L. Bean
1,676 Posts
Your not going to like my comment.
Nitto tires are horrible. Low silica content. Mostly carbon black. Very basic compound. Wet traction is poor. Only reason people buy Nitto is because they have a patterned sidewall they think looks cool.
I carry Nitto but quit recommending them years ago. There are worse tires but you can do better with the same cash.

Reactions: WildernessTuna

·
Registered
13 Posts
Your not going to like my comment.
Nitto tires are horrible. Low silica content. Mostly carbon black. Very basic compound. Wet traction is poor. Only reason people buy Nitto is because they have a patterned sidewall they think looks cool.
I carry Nitto but quit recommending them years ago. There are worse tires but you can do better with the same cash.
Haha Thanks, great to know! I always appreciate the insight from anyone who’s knowledgeable with first hand experience. Fortunately I get the tires at cost so I’ll ride them out for a few to see how I like them and worse case I sell them with plenty of life in them. This is my first jump into nitto, I know a few of my friends have complained about the nitro’s they’ve had on their 4Runners and Tacomas. If I don’t care for them I’ll go with the Falken Wildpeaks.

·
Registered
2 Posts
1 - 14 of 14 Posts