Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Subaru Outback Wagon 2.5 ltr
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2003 Subaru Outback Wagon, 2.5 ltr. Was driving last night. Parked. Came back two hours later. Started up the car, driving headlights were off. Usually they are on all the time. I turned on the headlight switch, still no headlights. The fog lights and high beams worked fine, blinkers and running lights worked fine. Dash lights and other electrical are worked fine. I looked in the fuse box behind the coin holder under the left side of the dash, but could not find a fuse that said, "headlights." Anyone have any ideas? Thanks!

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,304 Posts
Start with the obvious. Have you checked the bulbs?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Not yet. It seems odd that both bulbs would just "go out." But I will do so! They are some kind of blue light bulb. I live in an area with cold temperatures. We've been warming to the 50s, then last night things got back into the 30s. That usually doesn't impact things.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks. I think they were both working fine. Will report soon.

·
I simply cannot abide useless people.
2006 2.5i and 2002 3.0 wagons.
12,304 Posts
Blue = cheap aftermarket junk.

Get a decent set of bulbs in there. I like Phillips VisionPlus or the easier to find Sylvania Xtravision.

Reactions: Barley123

·
Registered
2005 OBXT Limited, VF37, STI intake, 5MT
1,578 Posts
Not yet. It seems odd that both bulbs would just "go out." But I will do so! They are some kind of blue light bulb. I live in an area with cold temperatures. We've been warming to the 50s, then last night things got back into the 30s. That usually doesn't impact things.
I'm wondering if someone has some HID bulbs in there as well...

If you follow the wiring from the bulb, does it go into some rectangular, metal box?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts