Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 2.5 N/A EJ259 5MT
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been dealing with this issue for a couple of winters now and really want to get it fixed. Heat on the drivers side works as it should, but I have no heat on the passenger side (lower, upper, and defrost vents). There is no noticeable change in temperature when I change the temperature from 65 to 85. This is a 2005 model with climate control (aka fancy digital display). I took apart the passenger side dash, and it appears that all the actuators are working properly, so I'm a bit stumped. Anyone have any thoughts?

·
Registered
2005 Outback Wagon 2.5 N/A EJ259 5MT
132 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
For those who have this issue, flushing the heater core worked wonder for me! Purchased a $4 hose fitting (5/8" barbed end to female garden hose brass fitting) which will fit the OEM heater hoses. Popped the short (~1'-2') heater hoses off the engine, flushed water through, burped the cooling system, an now I'm getting equal heat from both sides.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I have an '07 with climate control, same thing warm air on drivers side and cold air everywhere else.
My system had a blockage as well, but not sure where.
After doing preliminary trouble-shooting on my own and getting no where I took it to the dealer. They said the bottom radiator hose was cold while the top hose was hot. (I was not having an engine overheating issue, then again it's winter and the temps have been well below freezing lately).
They did a flush (also said they used cleaner/flush) and blockage is cleared, not I have full heat everywhere.

·
Registered
'05 OBXT, Stage 2, etc etc etc
126 Posts
Just had this same problem. Tried the heater core flush, twice. 2nd time adding CLR cleaner. Still no heat on passenger side. Checked the heat/blend actuator motor by cranking the heat on the passenger side. No movement. Replaced the part (#72131AG11A), about $65 from my local dealership. Fixed! '05 OBXT.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts