Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hello Everyone! Let us know what you would spend a $50 Amazon gift card on, HERE For a chance to win a $50 Amazon Gift Card!
  • Submissions are now being taken for JUNE OUTBACK OF THE MONTH
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Kills the Subaru brand for the toad option. Though I think that was easy to predict. I was talking to a buddy who is a big Porsche fan. I told him if I could swap the AT SLK350 I inherited for a manual Cayman I’d be super thrilled. He told me manuals in Porsche are nearly extinct and rare finds in cars built in the last 8 yrs or so. The Duel clutch auto is all the rage. Makes me sad given the Porsche is kinda the epic manual car combo one could ever have.

·
Registered
22,806 Posts
Its a smart cost / supplier move too.
Its not a new thing. Heck Mercedes basically only has one transmission used in all its light duty vehicles. I think they are down to two gas engines and two diesels to. The v6 gone to the turbo 4.

It does make it easier to find parts yrs later though! Fewer special versions and minor diferences to figure out when trying to replace a part etc.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.