Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2018 Outback 3.6R Limited
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had Tire Pressure Monitoring (TPM) on a previous make/model which was awesome in times of need. Being distracted on never-had-before features such as Eyesite, Blind Spot monitoring and Rear Cross Traffic Alert. I didn't think to ask about tire pressure monitoring . Last week, my 5 week old car wasn't handling well so pulled over just before entering the freeway - glad I did. 3 week old Michelin X-Ice tire (passenger front) was flat... radial was crushed and the tire pronounced dead thanks to a nail puncture. I checked the manual and apparently it's only a US option in North America. If TBP were installed, it might have picked this in the parking lot before driving and destroying the tire (2 miles in). I did find a replacement tire but cost $200 and took 4 hours to find locally. I'm now looking for alternative 3rd party TPM solutions as I like to keep my tries ~ pressure spec. Anybody have success with 3rd party TPM solutions on their Outbacks? Hope this will migrate up North on future models.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts