Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello- I purchased a new 2012 Outback 2.5i Premium in June, but ever since it started getting cold outside (mid-September), I have started hearing a buzz/rattle sound from the driver's side door just under the window on the side closest to the driver's seat whenever I go over any sort of bump. It only happens when the temperature falls below 50 degrees and I don't hear it from any other door. I can get rid of the sound by putting my arm on the door s armrest or anywhere on that general section of the car door. It quite honestly sounds like there is loose piece of plastic somewhere that is rattling against something. I doubt this problem is serious, but it is more annoying than anything else and I'm really not keen on having to listen to that all winter (especially since my drive to work is on a pretty bumpy road). The car is still well under its new car warranty. My question is: has anyone else had this problem and will the dealership fix it under the new car warranty? It seems pretty lame that my essentially new car would start making noises that my old car didn't make until it was 10-12 years old. Thanks Kevin

·
Registered
666 Posts
Get the car in for a fix under warranty. It should not rattle at all, and the dealership should be able to do a fix in short order. It is a 5 minute job for them to remove the inner door panel and locate the problem, which should be fairly obvious at that stage.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
About this Discussion
1 Reply
2 Participants
gbhrps
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing