Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just noticed a noise today on my 2013 3.6R outback. it sounded exactly like a pebble hitting the windshield on the fwy, but it came from outside below the driver side door. at first i thought it was a pebble hitting my windshield and ignored it. then it happened three more times and noticed that the noise really come from outside of the driver side. the noise is fairly loud. it happened intermitenly. i heard it four times in a 40-minute drive. i have no idea what its. this is the first i heard any odd noise from my OB. i've had it for about a month and it has about 1k miles. has anyone heard a similar noise from their OB? thx

·
Registered
340 Posts
A pebble being flung up from the tire?
These tires are really bad at grabbing rocks about 3/8 of an inch

·
Registered
16,964 Posts
had you been driving on gravel recently? Did you feel anything when this happened? was the road surface uneven/bumpy? were you turning or using the brakes?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
had you been driving on gravel recently? Did you feel anything when this happened? was the road surface uneven/bumpy? were you turning or using the brakes?
no..had been sitting in the garage the last few days. this happened both on inner city roads and freeway. normal driving, nor braking, no turning.

·
Registered
16,964 Posts
if it really happens roughly every 10-15 minutes regardless of temp or road conditions, then drop it off at the steal - uh, dealership and tell the service writer the tech should drive it home and back to work the next day.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
About this Discussion
5 Replies
3 Participants
1 Lucky Texan
Subaru Outback Forums
Welcome to the Subaru Outback Owners Forum, we have tons of information about your Subaru Outback, from a Subaru Outback Wiki to customer reviews.
Full Forum Listing