Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 2004 OBS im looking to get new tires.i got a price quote from a local dealer on nokian wr 205/55/16 he said he could put them on my car for 500 bucks.my question is ....is this a good price for 4 of these tires?

SubaruOutback.org Founder
2018 Outback Limited 2.5L - 105,000+ miles
Well I looked around a few places on the net for prices for you and the average for 4 of those tires alone is about $600. But $500 for the full deal, **** yes I'd say go for it! :4:

Where are you getting this done at?

Registered
Discussion Starter #3
lake region tire discount in monroe,ny
if you need/want the phone number let me know.

Superb Moderator, ,
MY12 WRX, MY07 FXT
leto, if it's a true deal, do it. That is an outstanding price for an outstanding tire. Brian

leto said:
lake region tire discount in monroe,ny
if you need/want the phone number let me know.
No, I don't think I'd drive to NY from the Husker state for a tire deal but thanks :D

I was just curious as I've never seen any WR size tire for that cheap, I mean that IS a really good deal. Second thought, Leto if you could give me thier number I'd like to call and maybe even order some skins from them :29:

Registered
2008 3.0R LL.Bean
I was just quoted $159 Canadian each for WR's in 225/60/R16.

With balancing, disposal and 15% Ontario tax it comes to a grand total of $814.20 (Approx $650 USD).

I guess this is an okay deal as well.

Registered
2012 Outback Wagon
I got four quotes for 225-60/16 WR's. Mounted and balanced $512.00, $551.00, $580.00, $607.00 I am getting the $512.00 package today.

Jeez, you guy are all getting pretty good deals! I'm jealous if anything, its going to cost about $700 altogether for me to get 225/60/16 WR's here in Nebraska... :mad:

Curse you all who don't have to live in this overpriced state! I wish you all ill :16:

:D

Registered
Discussion Starter #9
overpriced state??????i live in the king of overpriced states.NEW YORK. i will trade my school tax bill with yours anytime.i live in a small cape cod house on less than a quarter acre and school taxes are 3500 a year.
woe is me lol

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
oh and the dealer info is
lake region discount tires
463 Dunderberg Rd - (845) 782-3033
monroe,ny 10950
he also quoted me 134 on the new hakkas

OBS Obsessed, ,
Get those tires mounted and balanced for $500 out the door and run. That is a great price. I got lucky and paid $480 delivered for just the tires direct from a wholesaler.

Registered
97 Impreza 2.2 OBW and a 00 2.5 OBW
Nokian WRs

In Washington State, I got 4 225 16 WR's mounted for 624.00 from the Tire Factory in Kirkland. I'm sure the 8.5% sales tax and huge old tire disposal fees don't help here.

Tokyo's between my toes
2001 Wintergreen Outback 5MT
I think the disposal fee is $5/tire here in Ohio.

My 98 is sitting on Turanzas, they're OK and certainly better than the OEM Michelins, which were getting to be like old slippers in the snow.

Registered
Discussion Starter #14
got em

well got my nokian wrs put on today.noticed an immediate difference all for the better.they are actually quieter than the re92's
now im ready for snow.arrrrrrr arrrrrrrrr

Registered
2008 3.0R LL.Bean
Great!
Getting mine installed this Friday.

Taking a trip to northern Ontario where snowstorms are a very real possibility this time of year.

Registered
I hope that the WR's are as good as their reputation because I've ordered a set for an Outback WT which should arrive later this month. Problem is, they don't come in the 225/55R17 size which is stock. Therefore, I've ordered the 235?55R17 size. I expect themto fit on the 7' rim but would prefer something a bit wider since the tire width is 7.5" according to Nokian. Can anyone tell me what width wheel (7.5 or 8")I can use on the 2005 XT without modififications? Any thoughts on an aftermarket wheel, preferably a brand which is sold in Canada? Thanks.

Registered
'98 Outback LS
I just picked my Nokian WR's up for $700 flat, including brand new rims all around! I think I got a pretty good deal.

Registered
2008 3.0R LL.Bean
Recently had the WR's installed but the vendor can't seem to get them balanced. The first time they were installed 2 of the 4 were loosing air. Any similar experiences?

Registered
'03 Outback H6-3.0 Black Granite Pearl, base model with cold weather package and cloth seats.
I got a set of WRs on new steel wheels, purchased via the internet. Three of the four were leaking heavily upon arrival.

Problem turned out to be that they were mounted completely dry, without any sort of mounting lube, and were leaking around the beads.

Removal, inspection, proper (lubed) re-mounting and balancing solved the problem. The vendor paid the bill.

No more leaking, and they hold pressure perfectly.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts