Subaru Outback Forums banner

Non-chipped key - available?

5232 15
I'm curious if there is a non-chipped key that I can buy. And are locksmiths able to cut this key? I am aware that this key can't be used to drive. I was going to zip tie it under the car for those very few times that my wife or I accidentally lock the keys in the car. Hard to do with a remote keyfob, but it has been known to happen. Especially with kids.

Thanks for any info.
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
12 OB Prem
39 Posts
I was just thinking about this. Why all the trouble to get an extra valet key made to hide on the car? When we get the car, we get 2 remote keys and a valet key. Who actually uses the factory valet key anyway? Why not just attach the valet key to the car (by your preferred means)?

End of story.

· Registered
12 OB Prem
39 Posts
I guess my suggestion won't work for you guys then. I don't have a remote start (block heater tho), I'm not the type who intentionally locks the keys in the care and uses a spare to get back in at the end of the day. I'd only need the key in emergency situations like:

• lost keys while hiking
  • car left in lot by spouse and i need to get it home.

Thanks for the input, everyone.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.