Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
98- Impreza Outback Sport
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok i'm really new, looking to get a 98 Impreza OBS. I'm looking to get intake/exaust/ strut bars and i'm wondering what too look for because there is a huge lack of 98 OBS performance parts. Is there compatability with the WRX stuff? Is my Engine bay the same as the 2.5rs? Also can i open up the scoop and vents in the hood? Thanks a lot.

PS~ What are all the model numbers you guys use, and what model is the 98 OBS?

·
Registered
1996 OBS
61 Posts
Most all suspension/engine parts made for the 98-01 2.5 RS will fit your Outback. That's one of the great things about Subaru's, they're almost like Lego's... parts from one will fit on another.

--Josh

·
Registered
181 Posts
Most parts will be compatible, but there are a few that don't IIRc.

Check out NASIOC or the i-club for more information.

But, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, don't ask this question in Nasioc OT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!one

They'll eat you alive.:jester:

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the advice, There is a reason i am here as opposed to there. They seem a little to elitiest for me. Still looking for the body number for the 98 OBS. Thanks a lot~ Matt

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is the number i am looking for. Thanks a lot. Is GF4 and GF8 the same body style? again, its for a 98 Impreza OBS. Thanks guys for answering my Noob Questions~ Matt

·
Registered
1996 OBS
61 Posts
Yes, they should be the same. It's mainly a difference btwn USDM and JDM and the engine codes, but those are both the same 'body' style for the 93?-01 wagons....

--Josh

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
Hey, we can help. No need to go to NABISCO or I club. They will just shun you anyway since you don't have a WRX! :)

Your vehicle is a GF4. Wagons are GF, sedans are GC and coupes are GM.

4= 2.2L engine
6= 2.5L engine

A good resouce for old skool Impreza stuff is boxer4racing.com.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Old Skool? This will be the newest car i've ever owned, by 12 years. My last car was an 86, and before that was an 84 GL, thats really funny because i was born in 84. ~Matt

·
OBS Obsessed, ,
250 Posts
I say that b/c there was a redesign on the Impreza model line when the WRX came out in 2002. Most vendors will have items for Imprezas for 2001 and before and 2002 and up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts