Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2013 Outback 2.5i Limited - Graphite Gray
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New subaru owner!!! :)

Hey all. Just joined today and thought to introduce myself. I've found this website very helpful over the last few days while doing my research! I've looked at the Outback vs. all kinds of other SUV's, and Outback seems to be the winner.

I'm looking to maybe buy a new 2013 Outback. I currently have a 2004 Mazda 6i, burnt orange, basically fully loaded. I love my car! It only has 154,000 miles on it so it still has plenty of life left. I am sad at the thought of giving her up, but I'd really like a car that is better in the snow. I used to live in Jersey, so my Mazda wasn't too much of a problem on the flat roads and highways. Two years ago I moved to Western Maryland where there are hills and tiny mountains, and I've found it a bit more difficult to feel safe while I drive. Also, my partner and I kayak and bike and we always have to use her 2001 Jeep Cherokee - great vehicle, just sucky gas mileage. Would be nice to have another vehicle that could do the same things with much better mpg.

I'm currently in negotiations with a few local dealerships. I'm after the 2.5 Limited with moonroof package. The closest dealer to me doesn't have it in the color I want the most (graphite gray), so I've contacted two other dealerships who said they could get them for me. MSRP is about $32,500, and I think I may have them down to $28,800. This seems to be good, from what I can tell. Anyone have any comments on that?

Anyway, I'm not 100% sure I'm going to go ahead with the purchase! May wait it out for a year and save up some money and see what the 2014's look like? I don't know! Either way, I'm sure that whenever it happens, my next car will be the Outback :)

Look forward to learning lots here!

- Jen

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I bought an Outback today!!! Graphite gray Limited 2.5i. VERY EXCITED :)

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin
88 Posts
Maybe you should change the title of your thread to " just bought an Outback":D...Congrats.

What model year is your Outback?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
P.S. - Freelancer, I see you live in South Jersey - I just moved to Maryland from there about 2 years ago. I lived in Blackwood and went to high school in Williamstown :)

·
Registered
2013 2.5i Premium 6mt, Twilight Blue
2,370 Posts
Congratulations on the purchase - another NJ resident here.

·
Registered
2013 Subaru Outback 2.5i Limited, PZEV, Satin White Pearl, SAP, OEM Hitch, Body Side Moldings, Door Edge Guards, Wheel Arch Moldings, Splash Guards, Rear Seat Back Protectors, Rear Bumper Cover, Pin
88 Posts
P.S. - Freelancer, I see you live in South Jersey - I just moved to Maryland from there about 2 years ago. I lived in Blackwood and went to high school in Williamstown :)
Once a Jersey Girl, always a Jersey Girl:cool:

I'm over in Pennsauken and I use to go down 42:28: three nights a week to go to CCC:29: in Blackwood, liked the school but hated the traffic.

Maryland is nice...I motor down to the Eastern Shore of MD almost every summer on my boat, love, love, love the Chesapeake Bay.

Looking forward to taking my Outback on a crabbing road trip to the bay in 2013:D

Smart buy with the Outback, good luck.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts