Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2003 outback with the H6, I have the transmission connector B11 all pinned out except for pins 7, 10, and 16. Hoping one of these is +12V switched by the ignition. Surely at least one will be ground.

Anyone have an ID on these pins?

·
Registered
18,722 Posts
B11/16 is ground (see attached), but I haven't found any reference to pins 7 and 10 in any diagrams for that generation.

According to the schematic, only 17 pins out of 20 appear to be used; the unused ones are 7, 8, and 10. (The wires at those pins could be on another schematic, but I haven't found any.)

Are you sure 7 and 10 are indeed occupied?

The diagram of the connector at the bottom of the attached schematic shows the pin numbers when looking at the connector face on (that is, the way the T4 connector from the transmission "sees" it). When looked at from the back of B11, all the pin positions are reversed.

Attachments

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,947 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, that's more detailed than my wiring diagram.

I know some are not occupied, looking to fill in the blanks of my diagram.
I was thinking if key-switched +12V was available at that connector I might place my adapter-box under the hood vs under the dash.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts