Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2018 OB 2.5i Ltd Magnetite Gray
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Purchased a 2018 OB 2.5i LTD EyeSight in Mag Grey/Titanium last Friday (3/30/18), and promptly went up the California coast (to Mendocino Co.) for some ocean views, hiking, and running around on backroads. The OB is my first Subaru, technically, and first car purchase since 2002. My partner, Sara, and I had to leave "Jake," her 2004 Forester @ 268K, in Subaru Heaven. Jake took her all around the West, lived at King's Canyon when she was a National Park Ranger, narrowly escaped a wildfire in Yosemite, and picked me up when I moved to California. Too many adventures. Is getting a new Subaru a happy or sad day?

Never a doubt it'd be another Subaru when the time came. So happy to officially join the fold. Sara wants to move to Vermont; I hate snow. Time to go make our next set of memories...

Reactions: Brad99

·
Registered
2018 Subaru Outback Premium w/Eyesight package #14
357 Posts
Purchased a 2018 OB 2.5i LTD EyeSight in Mag Grey/Titanium last Friday (3/30/18), and promptly went up the California coast (to Mendocino Co.) for some ocean views, hiking, and running around on backroads. The OB is my first Subaru, technically, and first car purchase since 2002. My partner, Sara, and I had to leave "Jake," her 2004 Forester @ 268K, in Subaru Heaven. Jake took her all around the West, lived at King's Canyon when she was a National Park Ranger, narrowly escaped a wildfire in Yosemite, and picked me up when I moved to California. Too many adventures. Is getting a new Subaru a happy or sad day?

Never a doubt it'd be another Subaru when the time came. So happy to officially join the fold. Sara wants to move to Vermont; I hate snow. Time to go make our next set of memories...
Wow! That's some history. Sounds like both you and Jake have made Sara a very happy person! It's always sad to lose any kind of friend or partner that shared in and became part of so many memories, some best of days and other, just average days. But life is more than a one-act play. We like, we love, we share and appreciate - and at some time in the process of life we add more cohorts, more companions, and we dream anew. We execute those dreams and continue to explore, adventure, experience and educate ourselves further. And if we are really lucky, then we will not only continue to love, but we may even learn to love even more deeply. When it comes to good memories, those become the *best* foundation for new, equally as good and in many cases even better, future memories...May Jakes replacement (not yet named?) and his/her shared DNA serve you just as well. Facilitating everything new in your future & the love that you and Sara share! Congratulations! Upward and onward! Only good things! Be well. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts