Subaru Outback Forums banner

Who will be November's Outback of the Month?

• SilverOnyx

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • zsubiedubie

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • sr129

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crow T. Robot

• Frankly_Susan

• Wildebu

• davwak

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • serin1313

• blackjackmwv

• Enderkind

• volcanogirl73

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • mrtheandrew

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Trav1s

• Pictom

• kuino7

• KingBob!!

• JohnITV

• Cascadia

• slowbaru_outback

• majpooper

• morrisjm

• DustMagnet

• traaaavis

• Febreze Mee

• FernandoMS

• EctoOutback2J

• Baggss

• Zahn

• Azim

• The Rigger

• White Limo

1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Administrator
Testing Vehicle Information
1,261 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The November Outback of the Month contest is live. Please read carefully below.

The Theme for this Month:
Post any pic of your Outback that you want.
  • The last week of each month, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote.
  • You must own the submitted ride.
  • I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your ride. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your ride's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the forum and a custom flair under their username. If the winner is already a premium member, their subscription will be extended an additional year.

Winners will be featured on the sites gallery, found here.

Congrats to our October Outback of the Month winner, @Jabrnet!

Tire Plant Car Wheel Vehicle

·
Premium Member
2020 Onyx
14,262 Posts
The Outback in its native habitat can be said to be adventuring in nature, but there is another side to the Outback - just a practical all-weather daily driver. This submission is to celebrate the more mundane, perhaps less photogenic aspect of the Outback, which arguably is it's core strength, that plus driving excitement, with mods. The Outback's versatility is enhanced by being such a great platform for DIY modifications to make it your own, in your own way. This is mainly for the unseen beauty of the beast.

At the mall:
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

With a haul:
Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire

Nameless Strut Tower Bar:
Car Motor vehicle Light Vehicle Automotive design

Whiteline Swaybar:
Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive fuel system Automotive design

Whiteline pitch stop insert:
White Motor vehicle Light Automotive tire Automotive design

Perrin Steering Dampener Lockdown:
Tire Wheel Motor vehicle Automotive tire Light

·
Registered
2019 Ice Silver OB Limited Adventure Wagon
35 Posts
@SilverOnyx I assume the pitch stop is under the engine now, and off which model?

·
Registered
2016 3.6 - 2018 2.5
30 Posts
This is my 2016 Limited 3.6r. I got it 4/2021 with 24k on it. 3rd Subie 1st OB. The previous owners (Frank and Susan) took great care of it. Service records, garage kept, regular washes, all of it. I have never named a car. But I think they deserve a tribute, enter Frankly Susan.

Since April I've done some little things to make it mine. I swapped the grill. Used the Crux motorsports light smoke tint kit on front side markers/rear reflectors/rear turn signals/reverse. And Crux motorsports chrome delete on the trim around the windows. Tinted the front windows. New wheels (LP Aventure LP1) and tires (Falken Wildpeak). Weathertech wind deflectors. Husky floor mats. LED yellow fog lights. Rally Armor flaps. Now I'm failing at the exhaust. Tried Nameless muff delete. Not cool. Now I have long hangers with free WRX mufflers. Kinda barely cool. Im gonna go back to stock.

These pictures are from the first big road trip. We went to the upper peninsula of Michigan. Did the tourist thing. Did some off roading. On the way home we found a drive thru art park. The 1st picture is my favorite picture of Frankly Susan.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle registration plate Land vehicle

Tire Car Wheel Cloud Vehicle

Car Tire Wheel Land vehicle Plant

Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate

Wheel Cloud Tire Sky Car

·
Registered
2012 Outback 3.6r
11 Posts
2012 3.6r - Got to drive up tis amazing road in UT on our drive back to Portland from Boulder, CO. Have some plans for it, but so far I've blacked out a few things, added a Nameless strut tower brace and their axel back exhaust w/5" mufflers. Both of those really went a longways to improving the car imo, but that strut tower brace continues to impress with how it has improved how the car drives.
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Sky Plant community
Hood Car Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle
Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Car Vehicle

·
Registered
2005 XT Limited 5EAT & 2012 3.6R Limited
229 Posts
Fall in Iowa

2005 XT 5EAT with a few performance mods including vf52 turbo, etune, and assorted items from Cobb, Killer B, and Nameless. The Sparcos are the subtle eye candy upgrade to top off the sleeper vibe. Makes for a fun fair weather driver.

Wheel Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Tire Car

Wheel Tire Automotive side marker light Car Vehicle

Automotive parking light Automotive side marker light Wheel Tire Vehicle

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Subaru Outback is new to me and I've never owned an AWD vehicle. I guess I watched one too many advertisement and decided I wanted to take the vehicle off the paved road. So I found a national forest in Florida that looked promising.

I seem to be the only one in the forest and I crossed over many puddles that I would not have even considered in my last car. There were two places in which there was a side road right next to the puddle, to go around the puddle instead of through it, and I took the high road each time. At some point I made a U-turn and was back at one of the puddles again but this time I decided to go through it.

Car got stuck right away and the X-mode didn't function. What a disappointment. I thought if one wheel was up in the air spinning that the other three would receive the power and the spinning wheel would slow or halt. Didn't happen. I was left with one spinning wheel, and a story to tell.

Some good ole boys came by and pulled me out and then just for fun, they drove right through the puddle in their 4 wheel drive truck.

I want to try driving on a Florida beach that has soft sand warnings, but also says FWD and AWD vehicles should consider just parking in the parking lot and not going through the soft sand. Anyone have experience driving the Outback (2019) through soft sand (without recovery boards)?

Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

·
Registered
2014 Subaru Outback 2.5l Limited
6 Posts
  • The last week of each month, a poll will be added to the thread with all the entries and you will have 7 days (or 5, depending on how quick I am to get the poll up and how well the thread is moving) to cast your vote.
  • You must own the submitted ride.
  • I would strongly suggest submitting pics with no people in it (dogs are fine) or at the least, crop them out of it.
  • Feel free to give a little backstory on your ride. Whether that be the modifications it has, how you came to own it, or just a fun story. Don't be afraid to share your ride's story.
  • If you have won in a previous month, you can no longer enter for the rest of the year. However, if you have a second car that meets the above criteria, you can enter that.
The winner at the end of the month will win a free 1 Year Premium Membership for the for

1 - 20 of 52 Posts