Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of December's Outback of the Month Challenge!

Who will be November's Outback of the Month?

• SilverOnyx

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • zsubiedubie

Votes: 2 5.1%
  • sr129

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Crow T. Robot

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • Frankly_Susan

Votes: 3 7.7%
  • Wildebu

• davwak

• serin1313

• blackjackmwv

• Enderkind

• volcanogirl73

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • mrtheandrew

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Trav1s

• Pictom

• kuino7

• KingBob!!

• JohnITV

• Cascadia

Votes: 5 12.8%
  • slowbaru_outback

• majpooper

• morrisjm

• DustMagnet

• traaaavis

• Febreze Mee

• FernandoMS

• EctoOutback2J

• Baggss

• Zahn

• Azim

• The Rigger

• White Limo

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Subaru Outback is new to me and I've never owned an AWD vehicle. I guess I watched one too many advertisement and decided I wanted to take the vehicle off the paved road. So I found a national forest in Florida that looked promising.

I seem to be the only one in the forest and I crossed over many puddles that I would not have even considered in my last car. There were two places in which there was a side road right next to the puddle, to go around the puddle instead of through it, and I took the high road each time. At some point I made a U-turn and was back at one of the puddles again but this time I decided to go through it.

Car got stuck right away and the X-mode didn't function. What a disappointment. I thought if one wheel was up in the air spinning that the other three would receive the power and the spinning wheel would slow or halt. Didn't happen. I was left with one spinning wheel, and a story to tell.

Some good ole boys came by and pulled me out and then just for fun, they drove right through the puddle in their 4 wheel drive truck.

I want to try driving on a Florida beach that has soft sand warnings, but also says FWD and AWD vehicles should consider just parking in the parking lot and not going through the soft sand. Anyone have experience driving the Outback (2019) through soft sand (without recovery boards)?

Wheel Tire Car Plant Vehicle

1 - 2 of 2 Posts