Subaru Outback Forums banner
  • Our 4th of July contest is live! Enter HERE for your chance to win a $400 Walmart gift card.
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Outback of the Month Challenge!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Outback 2.5i Limited, 2010 Outback 2.5i CVT
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, funny thing happened on the way to the store...

So I bought this 08 Outback off of Craigslist...fun car, but that CEL (no cruise) drives me nuts. I bought it for my daughter to take to Colorado this fall. Day before we were to drive it out there, it broke a rear strut and had to stay home. This is after we had to put a new steering rack on the thing...

Anyway, wife breaks golden rule of marriage, says I bought a piece of crap, and while she was at the dealership, she bought a '10 Outback. The Manager at the dealer had told me about this car, but it wasn't for sale yet so to speak. I told her just for fun, and she buys the **** thing. Oh well, live and learn. We're still in love and married, so it's OK.

That's my Subaru story, and I'm sticking to it. Cheers to all!

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,846 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,223 Posts
Great...

Another person moving to Colorado with an Outback...Yay!

:(

·
On the Super Mod Squad
2002 3.0 VDC Wag + 2018 2.5 Leg Ltd
26,846 Posts

·
Master Caster
2005 XT, Mildly Modified...2006 XT Limited, Highly Modifed
16,223 Posts
hey, when that 10 year old subaru comes to a college/ university possibly near you,

..you may have a new customer not wanting to get scalped by the stealerships and independent experts.

http://www.subaruoutback.org/forums/9-out-west/286490-tdck-s-*******-denver-repair-facility.html
I know...and I'm really not as much of a meanie-beanie as I try to come off as. I am just really ready to move...somewhere else.

BTW, you know I don't make any $ off the garage, or my parts. Shops charge what they charge, because that is their business. I meet some cool people and I sometimes help out some folks, where they would be getting ripped off. But I couldn't pay my rent with it, if I have them lined up down the street.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts