Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Where do all the Kiwis get there cheaper OEM parts from? Here or do you import them? Or do they not bother and just get generic parts? Really would like to use OEM but top dollar here. Whats my best option.

·
Premium Member
232 Posts
Where do all the Kiwis get there cheaper OEM parts from? Here or do you import them? Or do they not bother and just get generic parts? Really would like to use OEM but top dollar here. Whats my best option.
Hi just seen this, I'm in Auckland. I prefer to use partsouq.com or amayama.com which are still cheaper than the Winger dealerships even after shipping and duty. The parts are genuine and matched to the chassis number online - in two years never had a problem. Often these are around same price as local aftermarkets but why not have the genuine part.

If I'm in a rush and have no choice will use Wingers. If it's something that doesn't need to be new Strong for Subaru breakers are OK - not real cheap but their stuff has a 3 month warranty and I've learned to take the old part with me whenever we pick up something to visually compare it's within cooee. I had a bad experience with very noisy Repco CV axles so went OEM after getting a refund.

Where are you based in NZ ?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts