Subaru Outback Forums banner

O2 sensor and idle issues? Related?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  MTDutch101 
#1 ·
I have a 2005 Outback, approx 130K miles. Have an odd problem, in that I've had to replace the upstream O2 sensor twice in about 2.5 - 3 years, and I think it's going bad again approx 18 mos. after last change. Ran fine until recently Is there something that could be causing the O2 sensor to fail more frequently as a symptom?

Each time it goes or starts going, I have low speed and rough idle, and codes for the upstream and downstream sensors, nothing else. Any thoughts on any root problems causing the failure, or do I just keep replacing the O2 sensor when it fails?

Thanks,

#4 ·
I replaced the battery (which needed to be done anyway) and checked the battery cables, which seemed fine. Light went out, but came back on a couple days later. Code is P2097. Light is on, and car seems to be running fine, is this just a bad front 02 sensor, again (can't say if the replacement 18 or so months ago was OEM), or is there something else that is out of whack?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.