Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Outback 2.5 XT Limited 5MT
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good morning,
I very recently had my head gasket and turbo replaced(under warranty thank god) and no more than 3 hours later did a Check Engine light blip. After running the code, I discovered it was the front O2 sensor.

My local Subaru shop wants $158 for the part and another $200 to install it. Now I work at a Ford store and one of my buddies back in the shop says it should be a very easy fix and if I buy the part, he'd install it for a case of beer.

Has anyone done this type of work before? Is it something I should get a trained professional to do or can anyone with half a brain get this job done? Also, is $158 crazy for the sensor? If you know any places where I can get it cheaper, I'd appreciate the help.

·
Registered
05 OBXT 5eat stg1.2
2,105 Posts
It's an easy install with the proper tools. But make sure you stick with an oem o2 sensor.

·
Registered
Lawn ornament XT
14,362 Posts
You can buy the OEM part from lots of sources, so you are free to shop around. The trick is to get one that was made for your car rather than a "universal fit" type. NAPA is likely to have half a dozen "compatible" listings in their computer, but only one or two of them will be the real OEM deal.

I believe both Bosch and Denso are OEM suppliers to Subaru, but I don't have any more specific info.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts