Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just replaced my 2017 OB with a 2020 OB, and was hoping to replace the factory roof rack with the touring roof rails (just i
as i did on my ‘17) to give me more options for loading toys on top of the car. However last week i discovered that the 2020 roof is not compatible with the 2017. After pulling both headliners down and unscrewing both racks, i found the bolt holes didn't match up. Doh! 😣. So, the touring/EU roof rails of my 17 will not fit. Anyway, it feels like im stuck with the factory rack for now. Before i give up completely, has anyone found or does subaru make rails for the 2020? I looked at the EU OBs and they seem to have gone the same way. Does anyone know if the roof rails are dead???

·
Registered
2018 3.6r Touring, Black, modifications: 255-55-zr18 Continental DWS06
203 Posts
Are talking about the rails used on touring models?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Are talking about the rails used on touring models?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk
Yes, im looking for the 2020 equivalent of the touring rails. For 2020 they mixed it up and don't offer them now. all 2020s get the same factory rack.

·
Registered
2,840 Posts
it might end up like the Gen4 cars and early Gen5... there were those rails available in other markets, just not here, so you had to source them from overseas.

The European market had those - as did the Japanese market. Just have to wait and see if those markets keep those style rails.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts