Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
01 Outback 3.0
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In August, I got a CEL which I believe was P0464. Had it reset and it stayed cleared until the CEL came back on the 19th on the way back from U2. Took awhile to get the codes read, but this time it was P0457 and P0464. Tried to do some research today, but it seems most troubles came from Impreza turbo owners where a pressure valve hose pops off a blue Tee behind the alternator. Well, the H6 doesn't have that, so I am,looking for other more-likely causes. 192K, and pretty sure I need to do the PCV, although I haven't searched the "how" on that one.

·
Registered
5,884 Posts
I think if you have those two codes you may be looking on the wrong end of the car.

·
Registered
01 Outback 3.0
133 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No,
Haven't hacked up the rr yet to look at the tank, filler or charcoal. I read some about those regarding other Subies but it seems I was finding very little for 2nd gen OBs.

·
Registered
01 Outback LL Bean
2,428 Posts
Codes seem unrelated although in similar location. Its possible you have a wiring issue.

P0464 is related to a circuit issue with the fuel level sensor in the tank. Does you fuel gauge seem steady and read accurately?

P0457 is related to a leak in the system. Sometimes a loose gas cap but can also be related the emissions lines, purge control valve and the drain valve.

·
Registered
06 OBW 2.5, 05 Forester, had 03 H6 OBW
5,935 Posts
An evap solenoid on my '03 H6 seized up, found it really quick by connecting the green diagnostic connector under the dash and turning the key on, and feeling the solenoid, and feeling no 'click' or 'thump'.

I took that little you-know-what off and apart and freed it up, worked for another 100K miles at least.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts