Subaru Outback Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Outback 2.5ltr wagon auto petrol
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

just bought an AL519 off Ebay for $119. It worked on my 2004 Outback straight out-of-the-box. Previous purchase, and subsequent return, of a MS509 didn't. Both are Autel devices, the 519 being newer.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Is this spam/advertising? You're not actually saying anything..

On that note, you couldn't post a video (youtube?) of yourself using this on your 2004 outback could you? I'm interested in how it works as I'm looking to buy one this week and currently plan on using an ODB2 bluetooth connector + android app to discover any issues with them.

Could you also comment on any obvious results from these tests that would indicate good/bad performance? I mean O2 sensors should report certain values, do you know what these norms are? Anyone? :)

Thanks

·
Registered
2004 Outback 2.5ltr wagon auto petrol
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've spent the better part of the last month and a half scouring Subbie forums trying to find a reader that works with older Outbacks. Lots of talk about software that runs on a laptop or iPhone/iPad, but little about a stand-alone unit that actually works. Hence my posting. I bought an MS509, and then returned it as it didn't work consistently. So finding a low-cost unit is worth sharing.

·
Registered
18,306 Posts
It's interesting that the MS509 didn't work -- looking at the specs it seems it should have. However, there are some differences in the OBD data systems between cars in the North American market and elsewhere and there have been similar reports of devices that were made, essentially, for the North America cars and do not work in others.

Not all posts are questions. Many might just be for information in case others run into the same problem and are looking for ideas.

If you left click on the poster's ID (name) in the left column, the drop down list will provide a link to "Find more posts by [xxxxx]". Click on that to review the poster's history of contributions. I think that will usually provide a quick answer.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts